Pacific Dental Services - A growing company with room for self motivated, business minded individuals to be successful. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Dental Services

"A growing company with room for self motivated, business minded individuals to be successful."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is room for autonomy, decision making and career growth for individuals who want to be challenged by a complex business environment. Supporting Owner Dentists in developing a successful practice allows for a positive patient experience.

Cons

To be successful, you need to be self sufficient and resourceful. Like running a small business, you must seek out support and answers yourself.

Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Dental Services

1. "Awesome Company to work for! I Love this place!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people, the culture, the charities, the integrity! I've read some of the previous reviews and I think they were probably just "bad hires". This truly is an incredible company to work for and all of the employees that I've come across since I've been here openly talk about how happy they are to work here, which is very different that what I'm used to. Besides having a great corporate culture (set by our CEO), our employees truly care about our patient's health, and regularly go the extra mile to make sure they are taken care of. One of our Operations Manager's even went and bought food for a diabetic patient because they were in the practice getting work done for a long time - not because the patient asked. And in our pediatric offices, our Dentists and Dental Assistants regularly dance and sing to ensure the children have a fun and positive experience. Yesterday our new dental bus went to the Salvation Army and our Dentists and other employee volunteers gave away free dentistry to those in need - all day. Next weekend I'm going to help at one of our offices to serve Veterans by giving them free dentistry - one is even receiving free Veneers as a surprise (he can't afford them because he's a single Dad with 2 kids)! I have many stories just like these and I have only been here a little over a year. I wouldn't work anywhere else.

Cons

I can't think of any "cons" at this time.

Advice to Management

No advice - keep up the good work! By the way, Kevin Lawton is the BEST Regional Partner in the Company!

"It was disappointing that after two years of working for them I was so disposable to the managment."

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do have numberous benefits, from health to legal plans. The newer built offices are modern and clean.

Cons

So much micromanagment of every mundane little thing in the dental office.
    Turn over of key providers, in two years at this company between two diffent offices I went through seven different doctors.
    The staff hired to work in managment and the front office had little to no experience in a dental enviroment. The office managers were in meetings almost daily with my receptionist left to answer phones, call insurance, present treatment plans, plus everything else she was expected to do on her own.
    When I was hired I was told that I would have to meet production goals which I understand. Hygienists get paid well and of course need to produce to make money for the office. The problem is that the system is set up to fail, at least in Texas. Under the HMO/DMO plans production was done at little to $0.00 dollars. If half your schedule is not making money and the hygienist does not get credit for x-rays, which we did take plenty of since there usually was only one dental assistant. I never reached my goals, I was told when hired I would have help to improve my numbers and this never happened.
    The dentists had speech coaches who would come in to listen to their tx plan explainations and then have pointers after to improve what they said. In two years I was never offered a true consult with this person.
    I was a hard worker who brought in patients who followed me from my last practice, friends from church, neighbors, etc... but this did not mean a thing to my managment. I was fired with the explaination that I was not having a good relationship with my dentist (#7, and he was about to move away in another month) and of course this reflected on my shortage of perio patients he was supposed to be feeding my way.
    There was so much pressure on the staff to produce a profit in less than 6 mths of opening the front doors. What business makes a profit that quickly with that much overhead?

Advice to Management

The hygienists and other team members should be just as important to the office as the dentist, but so many of you are scared to step on any toes. I was treated as a glamorized dental assitant so frequently.
    The relationship between providers needs to be facilitated by the managment, not just left to figure out by the staff.
    Spend money of people not just more new toys for the company, the rad board and cable TV in the rooms was such a waste of money.