Pacific Gas and Electric - Great people, Culture needs big time updates | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

"Great people, Culture needs big time updates"

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super smart and friendly people, great growth opportunities, great leadership

Cons

The SF PG&E offices haven't updated the dress code since the 80’s.

Advice to Management

Update our dress code Its time! Dressy casual (Jeans dressed up) has arrived and works for literally every other successful company that surrounds us in San Francisco. Walking around the SF offices feels entirely old and stuffy! And it impacts the energy. An updated look will not only reenergize people but will attract a younger generation of employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

"Depends on your manager as to how good your experience can be"

Current Employee - IT Individual Contributor in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - IT Individual Contributor in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Last year I loved working for an intelligent engaged manager. I was re-orged into a group that has the worst manger I have ever worked for in my 30 years of employment.

Cons

Continuing on with this horrible year, my current manager does not know what he is doing. He will give me an assignment and then change it in the next few days. He is ineffective, could care less about his employees and has not sense of what his group is about. The employees are very overworked and HR knows about the lack of sufficient resources for projects.

Advice to Management

My group includes highly educated individuals. Senior management should listen to the employees and give them credit for exposing a manager that is one of the worst I have encountered. Ensure there are sufficient resources for projects.

"Good work & great people, but highly political organization"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and challenges to tackle are tremendous. You get to work at a scale that's hard to match. There are great groups and organizations. Training, pay and work-life balance are hard to beat.

Cons

There's just a tremendous amount of bureaucracy to make things happen. The organization excels at getting in its own way with continual reorgs and shifting priorities coming down from middle management.

Advice to Management

If you really want to deliver a great customer experience, invest in our systems and put the right resources in place to deliver exceptional products and services.