Pacific Materials Handling Solutions - Air on the side of caution | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Materials Handling Solutions

"Air on the side of caution"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Maintenance in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Pacific Materials Handling Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job, that's all I can say in this economy.

Cons

After speaking with other employees.

1) Most have not received a raise in 5 to 10 years, despite the fact the company is growing and hired many new employees.

2) The company may require you to perform questionable activities or operate outside of the rules and or regulations.

3) Unfair or false evaluations with regard to performance.

4) They require that fall outside the regulations set forth by Government agencies. You will be fired if you fail to perform and (or) bring to their attention that such activities are out side the law or even illegal.

5) Self ensured; both for workers compensation and Medical plan (as describe by employees, not good).

6) Very unorganized.

7) The management will join as a team against you even when you are in the right.

Advice to Management

1) Appreciate when team member brings thing to your attention conditions that could be at the least embarrassing and at the most a violation of the law.

2) The idea of your motto "Your Attitude, not your Aptitude,
determines your Altitude!" sends the wrong message and promotes unfair labor practices and in fact is discriminatory in nature. I would change the company attitude and embrace attitude as well as aptitude. Monitor all employees performance, there are people working there that can't remember remember what they are to from one moment to the next.

Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Materials Handling Solutions

"DO NOT EVEN CKNSIDER THIS COMPANY"

Pros

There are no positive things about this company

Cons

Greedy owner unsafe practices terrible place to work for I should've listened to the reviews on this site I would've never worked for this company the only reason it even has one star is because I can't put none the owner doesn't care about employees just numbers they can't keep enough work for one person they will cut your hours if they don't like you and make you suffer because they don't want to give you unemployment they don't even have water for their employees your lucky enough to to get toilet paper in the bathrooms this place is garbage and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy I hated it from day one but they do hire anybody so if you have felonies apply here you'll probably get a job

Advice to Management

Get a brain and quit your job so you can actually work for a company that cares about you

"Like Prison"

Former Employee - Service in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Service in Hayward, CA

I worked at Pacific Materials Handling Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The fridge keeps your food cold and there is free coffee that's it. Building is cold and there are vending machines.

Cons

"Corporate" greed. The owner does not care about anyone but himself and his money. Working after hours with no pay just to keep people happy is what you must do to get by at this company. The pay is horrible for the amount of work you must accomplish. Benefits horrible. No perks except the cold refrigerator.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees with respect and pay better.