Pacific Sunwear - Great first job. | Glassdoor

"Great first job."

Pros

My favorite thing about working at Pac was the atmosphere. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Customers genuinely feel valued, and the employees really get along well.

Cons

There aren't always a ton of hours available. If you're a high school student looking to pick up a few shifts a week and some job experience, it's a good deal, but if you're trying to make more than just some spending money, I don't know how well it would work for you.

Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Sunwear

1. "I've been with this company for going on 5 years, 3 of those years being management."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Pacific Sunwear full-time

Pros

Great discount for yourself and your family, fun staff, you can dress how you want.

Cons

The way this company is ran is very poor. I'll start with work life balance. You are expected to work 40+ hours weeky, sometimes off the clock to insure all tasks are completed without going over on payroll, which i'll talk about later. Therefore, the extra hours allocated are little to none and tasks are expected to be completed in an unrealistic time frame during unrealistic hours. They preach "no tasking, just selling", and then you get penalized for not completing the task given in a timely manner. You are constantly being micromanaged and will feel like you are at the store even on your days off.

Another big con would have to be ADS (average dollar sale). The company has a goal of $50-$60 ADS on a regular basis, and if you are not making this goal, let alone LY ADS, you will feel as if your job is being threatened. How are you supposed to drive a $50 ADS when you have all young teens shopping in the store with $20 or less in their pocket? Employees will actually turn down sales in order to not "ruin their ADS" because they fear loosing their job over it. If ADS was not a matter, the company would probably be making more money.

Tasks will come up last minute and you will be expected to complete them in that short time frame under all circumstances. For example, there will be a pm window update scheduled, then canceled mid-day, then you will receive an email around 6pm saying to actually execute the window update tonight.

Advice to Management

Stop threatening employee's jobs over ADS, become more organized with tasking, provide more hours instead of over-sending marketing that will be thrown out a month later.

2. "Used & Absused"

Current Employee - Brand Representative
    Current Employee - Brand Representative

I have been working at Pacific Sunwear part-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent discounts on clothing, can get a decent amount of hours through holiday seasons but that's all

Cons

Poor training programs and I've worked for 2 years without promotion or raise, management has told me they have no time or do not have the capability to promote or give me raises, District manager makes no effort in talking to sales representatives and those who are most attractive get promoted.