Pacific Sunwear - Manager | Glassdoor

"Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Pacific Sunwear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Able to be a self starter

Cons

A lot of micro management

Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Sunwear

1. "Relaxed workplace"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX

I worked at Pacific Sunwear part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, great products, easy to be passionate about, very cool co workers, never dreaded coming to work.

Cons

Low pay, overall few hours, and little opportunity to grow and advance.

2. "Worst experience ever!!!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Grand Gorge, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Grand Gorge, NY

I worked at Pacific Sunwear part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dress code is fair enough to wear whatevs, cool discount

Cons

Unless you're an octopus and can multitask like a boss, and don't get me wrong, all jobs require a bit of multitasking, but this place makes you bend over backwards, DONT WORK HERE!! How in the hell can someone finish shipment, do a floor update, and promotional updates?! Granted the managers did the updates, but as a sales associate I had to do a set number of shipment boxes within an hour, while watching the sales floor to help customers, and then get on register, oh let's not forget to offer a fitting room. And I got yelled at if I didn't finish my tasks on time, but yet I had to be providing customer service no matter what, really?! If the customer is more important than anything and I'm basically kissing their bum and lying to their face that their outfit is "sick" just to get the stores numbers up, and still have to run the stuff that they spent 45 min looking for and trying on, which they didn't end up buying after all the brow nosing, back to the floor, get back to working on shipment, oh wait here comes someone else through the door, let me stop and help them to keep the stores numbers up, then get yelled at for doing what I HAVE to be doing, that's complete bull. On occasion I witnessed upper management arguing with each other because of some of the same issues, basically not enough support time for their tasks, and carrying a big workload on themselves and then giving sales associates something to help them with. What the hell is this company striving for? I bet they can't even keep up with the workload they give and expect, there's no way. I was so tired of hearing "payroll is limited so we need to do a lot," okay, we are, and still not good enough? BE REALISTIC, NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO WANT TO SHOP EVERYDAY, AND IM NOT GOING TO MAKE THEM. IM DOING ALL I CAN DO TO GET SALES AND FINISH TASKS!!! There was just way too much going on for me, and my hours would be cut when I didn't get tasks done, and always felt like I was racing the clock. On my days off I was soooo happy I wasn't there, I finally decided to go on permanent vacation. SCREW THIS COMPANY, PLEASE QUIT IF YOU HAVENT DONE SO, I GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE BETTER OFF.

Advice to Management

Relax, and be realistic, not everything is gonna get done, chill out, what's the worst that's gonna happen? No customers? No sales? Low numbers? Yeah, right, they're gonna come in no matter what, sometimes people don't feel like shopping, money is tight year round, duh, whoever comes in will either like what is in the store or not, no big deal, nothing personal right? Why so serious? Really?