Pacific Sunwear - Great company if you like new management every 6 months | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Sunwear

"Great company if you like new management every 6 months"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Pacific Sunwear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-They pay fantastic compared to most other retail management
-You are spoon fed every single task for the day so if you don't succeed operationally you have no one to blame but yourself
-AMAZING benefits package

Cons

-I had all 5 regional directors change in my year with the company as well as the SVP of Retail quit, this company is not displaying signs of staying afloat
-Rebranding is bringing in the wrong customer and leading to impossible to achieve KPI's in a struggle to post a positive quarter for the company
-HR and DM's take little to no role in advancement of their team, if you want to be relocated or promoted you have to make it happen yourself.
-Single part coverage almost every day in low volume stores, hours allocation is a joke and impossible to maintain LP standards with coverage allowed

Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Sunwear

"Fast paced, standard sales position"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Towson, MD

I worked at Pacific Sunwear part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're responsible, show up on time, and do the job well, you'll get hourly pay raises consistently. As long as you have common sense and can deal with difficult customers there is no reason why you can elevate to management level over time.

Cons

As with any sales position you'll deal with the occasional unruly customer. If your coworkers are irresponsible, you will be the one management calls in to fill their place.

Advice to Management

Employees used to run and hide when the regional manager visited--fix that by promoting good managers from within.

2. "Great at first, but not great at the end"

Former Employee - Brand Representative
    Former Employee - Brand Representative

I worked at Pacific Sunwear part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great discount, awesome co-workers and a good first job to learn workplace skills.

Cons

Upper management is awful. They place far too many demands on store management, and they have no concept of what can actually be accomplished in a day. It's impossible to push out 20 boxes of shipment and still meet KPI goals with only two part coverage, if you're lucky. The pay is so low it's impossible to retain talented sales associates, as most other stores offer much better pay for the same work. After being with the company for five years and becoming two of the top sellers in our district, myself and another co-worker were told by upper management that if we wanted to continue working with the company over our college break, we would only be able to earn minimum wage, instead of the wages we had been receiving for the past year.

Advice to Management

Learn how to retain talent. Talented employees will not stay when they can receive much better benefits elsewhere for the same amount of work.