Paddy Power Betfair - I thought it was a challenging place to learn & grow, now I realise is so hectic because we still don't know the vision | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Paddy Power Betfair

"I thought it was a challenging place to learn & grow, now I realise is so hectic because we still don't know the vision"

I have been working at Paddy Power Betfair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have a challenging work and technically is very satisfying, most of the people I've worked with are extremely smart.
The technology and applications are the best and the newest.

Cons

In few years Betfair grow from a small informal company to an international middle-size without any type of control, chaos is normal (when you believe it's settling down they introduce a drastic change) and there is a general reluctancy to follow processes and take accountability.

This is the first place I've worked where there is no organisational chart at all, you have to find out who are you supposed to work with and keep informed by asking colleagues, having coffees and using informal communications which is extremly frustrating, inefficient and useless.

The recent cost reductions have had a negative impact on people's engagement & motivation, when I joined everyone was really proud to be part of Betfair. Unfortunately they lost that sense of community that was so appealling and that made Betfair a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Improve your internal communications
The CEO is utterly uncomfortable when talking to employees he will be better off by sending us a video instead of making us feel he rather be somewhere else.

Now that you have informed everyone who is made redudant and who isn't it's time for you to start communicating the vision and the plans for the immediate future, not everyone is leaving in May so don't push us to quit, better motivate us and let us know why Betfair is still a good place to be.

Other Employee Reviews for Paddy Power Betfair

1. "A job you will love to hate"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Paddy Power Betfair full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working hours are very flexible, depending on your manager. Some customers can be a joy to have around on a daily basis. You can generally have a laugh at work.

Cons

Senior management have no real connection with staff who work in the stores. Level of abuse from customers can be quite dangerous. You play many roles e.g counsellor and door security

Advice to Management

Create an approachable relationship with staff.

2. "Very good"

Current Employee - Senior
    Current Employee - Senior

I have been working at Paddy Power Betfair full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Fun place
    - Fast pace
    - Challenging

Cons

No Vision for the company

Advice to Management

Tell ur plans