Palantir Technologies - Don't bother applying here if you have more than 2 years of work experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Palantir Technologies

"Don't bother applying here if you have more than 2 years of work experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Location in downtown Palo Alto
Food and perks
Smart people that are down to earth

Cons

I gave this 2 stars instead of 1 because the product is so innovative and will truly help many sectors. Pay seems to be low by design. My guess is that the idea is to attract young people with no experience who don't know any better into a sweatshop environment and work them to death to maximize investor profit. The irony is that they tell people that it should be enough just to have the honor of working at Palantir and they don't want people there who are interested in money. Hmmm......

The recruiting department is the worst I have ever seen.

Other Employee Reviews for Palantir Technologies

"Lack of direction, long hours, major waste in travel"

Current Employee - Business Development in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Development in Washington, DC

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people at Palantir, they are mostly all genuine people. I believe the work we do actually does have impact in the space we work in. Coworkers all help and chip in whenever needed. Office environment is casual and flexible time off helps with not keeping track of hours. Stock for early employees is great, but i am not one of those. Food is pretty good.

Cons

Serious downward spiral towards a corporate company. People here waste so much of Palantir money traveling - i have never seen a company that has let more admins, ops, recruiters, and non customer people travel so much. It is sad how people abuse the travel policy company and corporate card. I worry about our financial future when people talk about all of the travel statuses they have and when people who really don't have to travel do. Leadership in the DC office is naive and there is serious nepotism within the cliqueness. Good people have left the company which is a sign that things have worsen. Recruiters are beltway bandits who have no real silicon valley or tech background, so they are moving the office to Georgetown to help with that but pay is not good here. Open floor plan is making a lot of people upset but the leads dont care. More roles mean more siloes, and less actual ownership. Burnout is real bad at this company, not good for work life balance .

Advice to Management

Stop all the unnecessary travel that all your people are abusing, help the company beome profitable. Revamp recruiting to what people say it use to be years ago, and hire good people actually. Train your leads, people have left because you retain bad people. Watch corporate card spending seriously.

"Good tech place to work, bad place of employment for career"

Current Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is meaningful - customers are actually using Palantir for world changing problem solving. People you work with are genuinely intelligent and smart. Laid back culture allows casual dress and no time reporting so you go in whenever you want. Company is growing rapidly.

Cons

Pay is miserable at Palantir especially in DC/NYC markets. Burnout happens eventually to all Forward Deployed Engineers. Leadership is not promoting contributors, but merely handpicking the few they "like". Career growth doesn't mean much at Palantir. LOTS of politics at Palantir, a lot of people have left or are leaving Palantir for better opportunity.

Advice to Management

Not sure this part matters. There has been zero change to improving culture and actually paying people what they should get in the field. Burnout isn't being addressed. You're losing people and don't care - simply hiring more doesn't replace what you have now.