Palgrave Macmillan - great people work here | Glassdoor

"great people work here"

I have been working at Palgrave Macmillan full-time

Pros

Excellent community, surrounded by intelligent hard working people committed to academic publishing. Great location, good reputation, room to move up, supportive services, working with strong authors.

Cons

The recent merger with Springer has caused a bit of unsettlement, with new systems being introduced, but also provided new opportunities. Lots of turnaround, which seems common in the industry, workload can be quite intense, but also interesting.

Palgrave Macmillan2016-04-08

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Nice place to learn"

I worked at Palgrave Macmillan

Pros

Everybody is very smart and willing to help share their input on various projects

Cons

industry is a little shaky right now

Palgrave Macmillan2015-11-05
  2. "Sad Devolution"

Former Contractor - Author in New York, NY

I worked at Palgrave Macmillan for more than a year

Pros

The pros are pre-Springer when Palgrave was a nice little company that produced academic books quickly and without the burdens of university presses. They had some fine niche books that major presses will pass up on. It was what it was and it was good.

Cons

I authored with Palgrave right in the middle of the Springer transition. My book was under contract pre-Springer and was published post-Springer. The transition was horrendous! My editor was laid off and a new, inexperienced editor was put in charge. This new person has no awareness of the publishing company, is rude and unprofessional. A new project I had in the works failed to move on after more than a year of correspondence and delays. A total debacle! I advise authors in academia to go elsewhere. It is sad.

Continue reading
    Palgrave Macmillan2019-07-24

Discover more reviews about Palgrave Macmillan.