Palladion Services - A great company to work for that cares about their employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Palladion Services

"A great company to work for that cares about their employees"

Current Employee - Concierge in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Concierge in Boston, MA

Pros

-Solid pay rate for what is required of the job
-Paid training
-T accessible sites or parking available to staff
-Close relationship between staff and senior management
-Flexibility in schedule (able to swap shifts when needed or time off given)
-Beautiful buildings for job sites
-Overtime is given if you need/want it
-Uniforms are supplied
-Senior Management is all well educated, respectful, and decent people
-Employees (hourly staff and managers) are people of their word

Cons

-Interview process was difficult and long
-Strictly enforced rules

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, its a pleasure to be a part of the team!

Other Employee Reviews for Palladion Services

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Security Guard Shift Supervisor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Security Guard Shift Supervisor in Boston, MA

Pros

So there's a review on here that gives Palladion 5 stars. I've got to be honest - it's pretty clear to me that the person who wrote that review was either a new hire or a member of management. There's no way Palladion is a five star company. Not even if you stretched the truth 200% could Palladion be considered a five star company. Nevertheless, I'm supposed to write the pros for this place so here we go:

- They do have some nice buildings to work in. The Harvard-educated management can apparently talk the talk, because they land some nice contracts.
    - You WILL get overtime. This isn't necessarily a pro for everyone, because it means that there are times when you're going to be working overtime when you might rather be doing something else. But if you need the money, and you can't get a job that pays better than Palladion does, this could maybe be a good thing.
    - Co-workers are generally pretty good people
    - It's approximately the easiest job in the world. As long as you can be somewhat personable, you can probably do it.
    - The interview process is neither lengthy nor difficult. As long as you can wear a suit and say "Yes, sir! I'd love to, sir! You have a great company, sir!" and smile and shine your shoes, you can get a job. Although you should expect the people who interview you to be jerks to your face during the interview process. I guess they think of it as "vetting", but really they just want to see who will kowtow to their overbearing personalities.

Cons

- The pay rate is far below what other security companies offer. I had more than one discussion with guards at other companies who were making $2 an hour or more than I was - and I was making about $2.50 an hour more than my co-workers.
    - Overtime is often required. Like I said above, this might be a good thing if you need the money and have no life. A member of senior management there once told me that when you sign on with Palladion, you agree to work where and when they dictate, and if you can't do that then they won't continue to employ you. He said that they do occasionally have to ask for "Russian volunteers", meaning "you either step up or we'll fire you". This never happened at my location, but the fact that a member of senior management would state their policy in such terms should tell you something about them. A lot of the employees I knew (myself included) were seriously overworked. This led to the more senior employees quitting after getting burned out, which led to increased demands on the people still employed there, which led to worse burnout... you can see how it goes.
    - The benefits package is absolute crap. They give the minimum that is required by law, and nothing more.
    - Speaking of "the minimum required by law"... I was speaking to the same "member of senior management" (the "Russian Volunteer" one) about an employee who had gone on medical leave, and whether she would be returning or not. His immediate response was "the law requires us to X, Y, and Z, so that is what we're doing." He showed absolutely no concern for what was best for her as an employee (she had been with the company for five years, and had received two thirty-five cent raises in that time), only what they were "required" (his words) to do by the law.
    - Management themselves are often overworked. There was a lot of miscommunication, regular confusion over basic issues like scheduling, and general stress that could have been eliminated if Palladion would spread out the workload a bit.

Advice to Management

Try to be less condescending, self-congratulatory and rude. Give a little more respect to your employees, trust them a little more, spread out the workload some, and just generally try to get organized.

But mostly quit being jerks.

"Easy dead end job with no benefits and poor senior management."

Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Boston, MA

Pros

Easy job that anyone could obtain and perform.
    Overtime is available, if management likes you.
    Pay is average for this type of work

Cons

No real benefits to speak of.

No opportunities for advancement.

Uniforms are of poor quality and ugly. Why make us wear Bright orange hats, gloves and vests?

dealing with senior management is a problem. If they are in a bad mood and you defend yourself you may be fired on the spot.

If you are in the National Guard do not apply. Management does not understand the laws governing training or drill. You will be written up for being activated or placed on call and your job threatened.

The epitome of a dead end job.

Advice to Management

Control your temper and learn to approach and deal with employees.