Palm Beach County Clerk & Comptroller - Systems Analyst | Glassdoor

"Systems Analyst"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in West Palm Beach, FL
Former Employee - Systems Analyst in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Palm Beach County Clerk & Comptroller full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO time and holidays are good.

Cons

Extremely poor working conditions. No scope for growth in IT. Extremely poorly managed IT department with high turnaround. Interim/Contract CIO's who have no idea about IT or business rather than just yell at employees and try to get work done. No management or supervision skills. Management constantly writing up employee's for being a minute late to work(yes literally a minute late). Extremely poor compensation and incorrect titles for employee's in the IT department. Wrongly titled sys analyst.. what the heck is a supervisor?

Advice to Management

Rather than being adamant and 'I know it all' look at the IT business around and try to find efficient ways to manage your business. Your technology is old and out dated

Other Employee Reviews for Palm Beach County Clerk & Comptroller

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Palm Beach County Clerk & Comptroller full-time

Pros

work life balance, location, health benefits, paid time off, retirement plan

Cons

nature of work can be stressful sometimes

2. "Unprofessional, Sophomoric, Can be Downright Hostile Work Environment"

Former Employee - Court Clerk
    Former Employee - Court Clerk

I worked at Palm Beach County Clerk & Comptroller full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can only say there are a few employees who've been there for years that are knowledgable, professional, and make the place palatable. Those are the gems who helped to drown put the negativity. Soon they will all retire and the place will be complete hell.

Cons

Court management system is terrible and complicated. There are many better ones. It's quicker to shorthand and docket later. Mgmt. in T & M were not the norm. They talk about employees to other employees about personal things in their semi-enclosed offices and you can hear everything. The Mgr. is called a shark behind her back mybtrainer said on day one. It's true. She glides through the office with her fangs out gunning for people. Mgr. 2 has this fake smile plastered on her face and delivers the discipline while still smiling like she is going to eat you. Super unpleasant. The office mgr. has her clique of favored employees she brings into a semi-enclosed office and trashes other employees with. Unbelievably unprofessional. And she twists your words trying to make issues where none exist. A pot-stirrer. I was shocked to see women coming to work in clubwear and stilletto shoes, employees wearing headphones and singing out loud with no care for anybody around them, and I watched in disbelief as an employee (in a criminal court support office) dispensing prescription medication to someone it wasn't meant for. Crazy.

Advice to Management

Hang onto your job here because this organization is unprofessional (lots of ebonics, foul language, inappropriate clothing, clerks chomping gum in the courtroom, eating in the courtroom) and I don't see you fitting into any decent organization where people are required to be respectful, tactful, and kind. This felt like an amateurish high school project. You don't care about actual knowledge, just production. Someone like me comes with experience. The way they run this organization, no experience is needed. Management does not seem to like it if you actually know anything because then they can't lead you around by the nose. A former coworker from another Clerks Office worked there just before me and was treated poorly, too. It's not me. It's you.