Palo Alto Networks - the best company I've ever joined | Glassdoor

"the best company I've ever joined"

Current Employee - Analyst in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Palo Alto Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

great pay, great culture, management is very supportive, good work/life balance(depends on the team and manager, mine is good)

Cons

the only con I could think of is the commute

Advice to Management

n/a

Palo Alto Networks2019-10-09
  1. "I truly believe this is "the rocket ship""

Current Employee - R&D in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Palo Alto Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation Leadership Vision & Strategy Tried to be diverse

Cons

Not well known or understood

Advice to Management

Help us to understand the vision and how we can be a part of the success

Palo Alto Networks2019-11-25

"Is it still a great company to work at?"

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Palo Alto Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best cloud security vision in the industry Still the #1 network security vendor Mostly fun place to work Lots of great new security technology coming in 2020, so we will remain the #1 network security vendor, but it could be a much better journey.

Cons

Since the company's been taken over by Indian management and google execs, the rewards (for the individual contributors at least) have gone in the toilet. More work for less money. The stock compensation plan USED to be pretty good, now it's a pittance. Since the Mark's left the company, it's been constant turmoil and chaos. 401K match is a joke, $1K per year and that's it. It used to be said this... was because they were generous with RSU compensation, but that's no longer the case. Constant changes with no plans (or if there are they aren't communicated to anyone). Arbitrary review process with "new" performance metrics, none of which was communicated to individual contributors, but chiseled away at your compensation. I saw similar things going on at Cisco in the 2000's after the dot.com bust. Yet with all the things their doing wrong, I feel the passion and drive of the employees to do the right thing will take the company to the next level no matter how much upper management botches everything up.

Advice to Management

Communications go a long way to running a successful business and keeping your employees happy, it's not just about you. When you make a change, like a speed boat split, how about a well thought out plan to execute, not just "hey lets do this" and massive chaos ensues. If you're going to change our review process and it's associated rewards, how about communicating that to your employees so that everyone... clearly understands the implications of the changes and how it will affect the employees and their bottom line? Having worked at other well oiled/mature companies, PANW still feels like it's a startup, and it's starting to feel a bit like amateur hour.

Palo Alto Networks2019-11-16

Discover more reviews about Palo Alto Networks.