Palomar Health - Great | Glassdoor

"Great"

Pros

Good pay and bennies, generous PTO

Cons

No advancement and that's about it

Other Employee Reviews for Palomar Health

"Disturbing behavior"

I worked at Palomar Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great facility at the new hospital location. This is a well thought out plan with great natural light features as well as awesome aesthetics.

Cons

Patient care is beginning to suffer due to cut backs in critical areas. The organization orchestrated some lay offs to help with a struggling financial situation, but the cuts came at the expense of patient care instead of support or ancillary areas. There has been a high turnover as of late in middle management secondary to a disconnect between upper management and operational realities.

Advice to Management

Try to avoid the flavor of the month with you initiatives and stay focused on realistic and incremental improvements in quality, safety, and patient satisfaction. You have an unrealistic vision of what your current operational efficiencies should be when compared to community standards. I believe there needs to be a change in leadership at the higher levels to right the ship. Current leadership has created an extreme cost burden on the system with the new hospital and does not have a clear vision on how to steer the ship moving forward.

"Run away!"

Former Employee - Patient Care
    Former Employee - Patient Care

I worked at Palomar Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful staff! The only reason I got through the day

Cons

Poor pay, no support form management, bad contract ( should have listened to my lawyer and not taken the job), + multiple lies and no transparancy from supervisor, untimely payment of salary, not getting promised equipment to do job in a timely manner, poor EMR, high turn over of staff, long hours, pressure to discharge patients who had " bad insurance", short staffed, few days between calls. The job I was offered does not resemble the actual job I encountered. I discussed this multiple times with supervisor and board members - who simply didn't care!

Advice to Management

Stop laying off the people who are doing the work and start looking at laying off the bloated list of executives who just go to endless meetings and leisurely lunches all day long.
     Pay your employees on time.

Pay a fair wage with good benefits.

Work to retain good staff instead of having a revolving door of good staff that quit after seeing what is going on here, and you will save a lot of money in the long run.