Pampered Chef - Poorly trained consultant | Glassdoor

"Poorly trained consultant"

Current Contractor - Consultant in Toms River, NJ
Current Contractor - Consultant in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Pampered Chef as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Work as much as you want (if you can get bookings) or as little as you want and get a nice check for very little work.

Cons

No support. My training consisted of a single joint show and a lot of unanswered questions. I am sure there are great senior consultants who train their recruits - I was recruited under a consultant with no experience at this.

Advice to Management

The home office has been great and they provide a lot of resources. I feel there should be mandatory training for consultants recruiting others. A new consultant has a qualifying period, the recruiter should have certain lessons to teach them during that.

Other Employee Reviews for Pampered Chef

1. "Pampered Chef is a very motivational, supportive, and friendly company that inspires its employees to be successful"

Current Employee - Consultant in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Pampered Chef part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are your own boss, the company stands behind its products, you meet the best people and work with motivated and inspirational people who want you to succeed as they have. The incentives are phenomenal and there are a multitude of opportunities for advancement. The only limits to success are the ones you impose upon yourself!

Cons

Can't think of any cons

2. "Enjoyable Experience"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Slippery Rock, PA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Slippery Rock, PA

I have been working at Pampered Chef part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love having the flexibility of hours, I make a decent amount of money for the time i put in, and the hostess benefits really are great! Plus I have a really great director who is super helpful.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to find bookings but I suppose if I put myself out there more, I might be able to get more