Panda Express - good pay and free food | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

"good pay and free food"

Pros

pay was decent for pt

Cons

little english known by emp

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express

1. "Cash handling, cleaning and customer services."

Current Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR

I have been working at Panda Express part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No too much surprise on what I did.

Cons

Alway cleaning and cash handling.

2. "Good place to work if you can't find anything better"

Current Employee - Back of House I in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Back of House I in Boise, ID

I have been working at Panda Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive and generally better to start than most other fast food restaurants. Be aware that you will work hard to earn that extra pay.

Free meal with every 5 hour shift.

Cons

Training is very poor. Thrown into the position without getting the proper training then being reprimanded when the work is not being done properly.

General Managers sometimes don't know how to complete various tasks related to each position and have to ask employees how to do the work; this falls back on poor training.

Promises of getting trained for other positions but not getting the full training so no raise but still expected to do the work. As an example, I have been partially trained for front of house 1 and back of house 2 (cook) but no raise for either training or completion of training. I am still expected to work those positions if needed on the schedule.

Managers preach the company values but don't follow them. They are not Proactive, do not share Respect, limit Growth, sometimes interfere with Great Operations, and are rarely seen Giving back to hard workers.

Schedule is not consistent and is posted weekly. Typically I had to wait until Thursday to find out what my hours for the next week would be, so don't expect to have much time to make plans for events or family. Expect to work weekends unless you have a second job that doesn't allow you to come in during regular operation hours.

Advice to Management

Upper Management should review lower management to make sure they are following policies correctly. Everyone should be following company policies and values.