Panda Express - It's good, but not great. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

"It's good, but not great."

I have been working at Panda Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Starting pay was better than I expected and the insurance is actually pretty darn good.
- It's a good part time job, but I wouldn't recommend staying unless you REALLY want to be in the restaurant biz.
- Adorable mascot.

Cons

- Each store is different in the way that it operates, even though we're supposed to follow the rules that Panda sets for us...This makes it stressful for associates that help out in other locations or that have transferred.
- Two 10 minute breaks and one half hour break for an 11 hour day? Jeez! When I worked 9 hour days at a different job, we'd get two 15 minutes and a one hour break.

Advice to Management

- Stop shouting at us and putting us down in front of our guests. They REALLY don't want to see that, especially if it's for something ridiculous (and we're not wrong) that could be talked about later.
- I should not have to remind my manager to do his job. Seriously. Get off of the computer.
-Stand your ground, because the customer isn't always right, and we all know it. I've seen customers do some bad things (stealing, hurling racist insults at my coworkers and I), and get away with it.

Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express

"Environment"

Former Employee - Management in Rosemead, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Rosemead, CA

I worked at Panda Express full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Culture of People Development. Many classes and opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Culture. Anything over done is just that - over done. Many of the classes, while not "mandatory" are MANDATORY. The CEO gets overly involved in people's personal lives and in a judgmental manner. If one is not ready to do EXACTLY as told, this is not the place for you. For those who need or want an almost cult-like environment - you've found the right place.

Advice to Management

If you really care about people's development, there has to be an environment with no fear. Where people can develop in more than the one way dictated by Panda. This is said to be acknowledged but is not. Be honest with your employees. Have the integrity you ask of them.

2. "Hard cleaning"

Former Employee - Lead Counter in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Counter in Houston, TX

I worked at Panda Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Culture nice management good expierence

Cons

hard work alot of cleaning and detail oriented