Panda Express - service | Glassdoor

"service"

Pros

free lunch and dinner. not very pressure. meet different people and talk jokes

Cons

there is really no cons work here. expect some old mean manager

Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express

"Currently experiencing a mass exodus of employees, including management"

Former Employee - General Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Panda Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is allowed to get a lot of overtime, though 68-70 hrs per week is taxing on a person.

Cons

Since I started working for Panda as an Assistant Manager in December 2012, the company made some drastic changes. One of the worst was when they cut the number of people allowed per shift, which made our job much more difficult when someone called in or just didn't show up.

Advice to Management

This is for ACOs, RDOs, ZVPs, and higher: actually listen to your leaders below you. Hear what they have to say about what is not working instead of intimidating them to the point where they feel they are not good enough at their job if your ideas don't work. I'm the first to admit that many of the young people these days lack a solid work ethic, but for what you demand of them and for the pay, you will not get anyone to stay long with the company. That is why there is a mass exodus from your com[any. When even management walks out the door without notice, you should consider that maybe it's not just that you hired the "wrong people" for the job. You can't expect associates to work so hard, on their feet, going at 110% all day long, with a smile on their face, and pay them less than equivalent jobs with other companies. Case in point, I almost completed my General Manager training and was paid $16 per hour, plus bonus which were claimed to be 10s of thousands per year, but were only a couple thousand per year. All this while living in San Jose & driving 30+ min to work every day. At similar restaurants, because I checked, my base pay would be $32-$48 per hour plus bonuses. I have even found less stressful jobs of entry level administrative assistant for many local companies starting at $20 an hour, which do not require you to work 68-70 hrs per week with only one day off and often getting called in on that day because someone didn't show up. If drastic changes are not made, this company will not last much longer, no matter how many new stores you open.

2. "Good working environment for part-time"

Former Employee - Server/Cashier in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Server/Cashier in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Panda Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good working environment, good management

Cons

sub-par salary, need more benefits

Advice to Management

raise salary