Panda Express - HORRIBLE experience! | Glassdoor

"HORRIBLE experience!"

Current Employee - Counter Help in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Counter Help in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Panda Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reasonable salaries, and bonus. Comunity works like fundrasing. Good medical insurance.

Cons

Zero work/life balance, expect long shifts over 10 hors a day. The company tends to favor asian employees, they get the management jobs faster and without any related experience than a non asian.
The ACOs treat the managers very disrespectfull, I even saw one of the managers cry after a visit. They make them feel like they are worthless. They even tell the emplyees that we should be ashamed of our manager... In this state they change managers like chess pieces.i

Ohh and if you have witness any wrong doing and inform it to the HR department they will tell you they will do something about the situation but...expect nothing but RETALIATION back.

Advice to Management

Listen to regular employees not just the ACOs or managers. Treat everybody with respect.

Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express

1. "Has its Good and Bad times"

Current Employee - GMIT
    Current Employee - GMIT

I have been working at Panda Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Food.
    Free Food.
    Discounts.
    Pay is amazing.
    Benefits

Cons

Work/Life Balance.
    To much to ask for.
    Dont understand associates.
    Customers can be difficult.

Advice to Management

Understand your associates strengths and weaknesses get to know them.

2. "Great place to learn customer services! But manager tends to favor associates who are Chinese."

I have been working at Panda Express part-time

Pros

Pay,Free food,Flexible hours,Great Employees,Bonuses.

One thing that I really do like working for Panda Express is my co-workers. We were a family and we tend to stick together and help each other out when one would fall behind.

Cons

Chinese manager tends to favor chinese employees than other employees who are not chinese. From my experience, I had to learn to use the cash register in two days and on top of that I had to learn to close and open the store within a month. The new chinese people that my manager hired are horrible. One girl hasn't even learn how to touch the cash register. And the other guy spends his time in back just talking to my manager and to this other chinese guy. My manager loves them for god who knows why. My manager even gave him a raise when he all he does is talk. But anyways, I wore white socks to work one day and he yells at me in front of my co-workers. He even told me that I will never find another place to work even if I do quit when I told him that I won't be staying there forever. It's degrading and I never felt so embarrassed in my life. Sad to say, I had enough and turned in my resignation letter the next day.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone fairly please. I am sick and tired of working hard for someone who treats me like I'm some worthless being.