Panda Express - Good Company, Disrespectful Manager | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

"Good Company, Disrespectful Manager"

Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Panda Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is quiet good. Growth is excellent for those who work for it. The company offers a variety of opportunities.

Cons

Hope that you get a good manager. I had an extremely disrespecful manager that made our lives very difficult. You deal with 2000-3000 customers daily, the last thing you need is a moody angry manager that treats you badly. Good management is important for productivity.

Advice to Management

Consider creating new programs that teach managers the importance of being nice to their associates and not be rude to their people. They should also make sure their employees receive their job description, guidelines, and a list that helps interns understand what is expected of them. I left the company for a different offer because my manager never really made me feel welcomed

Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express

1. "Interesting."

Current Employee - Front of House Worker in Germantown, WI
    Current Employee - Front of House Worker in Germantown, WI

I have been working at Panda Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay for high school job, free meals on breaks, fun environment. Very easy to take off, this might depend on the particular store. Very easy to set one's availability.

Cons

Store closing at 10:30 during the week doesn't go hand-in-hand with school.

2. "Mixed bag"

Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Panda Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can eat whatever you want on youre break, and pay is a bit better starting off compared to most places.

Cons

Management can be a pain in the ass. Having to deal with customers that have severe issues. Lots of trashy people who go to eat there so be preapared to deal with dumb, self entitled asswipes. Lots of cleaning involved.

Advice to Management

Stop badgering the employees about having to smile and offering samples. Some managers need to be really looked at because there stores have high turnover because of the managers.