Panda Express - Friendly, offered sample and to add an eggroll | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

"Friendly, offered sample and to add an eggroll"

Former Employee - Lead Counter in Torrance, CA
Former Employee - Lead Counter in Torrance, CA

I worked at Panda Express full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to grow within the company

Cons

Break times and closing delays

Advice to Management

Utilize slow time

Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express

"Good Learning environment"

Former Employee - Server/Cashier in Marysville, CA
    Former Employee - Server/Cashier in Marysville, CA

I worked at Panda Express part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They train you and give you about a month to memorize the food codes(i was told if i didnt, i would be fired) The starting rate is a dollar over minimum wage which was awesome considering it's a fast food place and it was my first job. You also get free food while you're working.

Cons

Lack of work/life balance. Break times and closing delays. Break times are way too short. I was part time and only got a 10 min break everyday (that wasnt enough time for me to eat). Even though i was "Part time" i would usually have to stay longer because some of my co-workers would show up late or i would be the one filling in for others when they would miss work.
    One of my co-workers even tried lying to me and said that the manager had said that i HAD to fill in for her on my day off. I even told my manager about the incident and about how she (co-worker) would "bully" me around all day like she was the manager. My manager stated that she would have a talk with her once i went home or on one of my days off so she wouldnt make so much tension at work. Well, guess what? Every week i would ask her if she had "a talk with her" and every week for the past month and a half she would say, " Oh, Sorry ____. I forgot all about that!" Like seriously?! To top it all off our manager definitely played favorites which can affect your raise more than your performance.
    Some people consistently showed up late or missed shifts and never even got so much as a write up which is obviously unfair to everyone else. I almost got written up for not showing up to work for two days even though i had called and let them know a day before. I was told the day i got the job that if anything were to change (on my part) she would be willing to work with my schedule. When that day came she flat out rejected me and told me if would be unfair for me to only work mornings even though there were other emplyees that had that benefit. I have school, kids and a family.
    My life doesnt revolve around Panda Express! So i just up and quit with a one day notice lol i know it looks bad but Panda Express has extremely unprofessional management and another con of working at a fast food place is a lot of hard work and you have to deal with so many rude customers on a daily basis

Advice to Management

Work on Management.

2. "it was a pleasant experience"

Current Employee - Counter Help in Lovejoy, GA
    Current Employee - Counter Help in Lovejoy, GA

I have been working at Panda Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

offer you an opportunity to grow within the company.

Cons

very busy, exhausting environment, and demanding. you will be standing all day at work.