Pandora Media - Disorganized, unfocused, uncollaborative | Glassdoor

"Disorganized, unfocused, uncollaborative"

Pros

- Great product
- "Cool" image

Cons

The other review mentioning that there is no company culture is spot on. If there used to be one, its gone. Upper management is indeed disconnected, and many of the upper management staff are engaged in full-on turf wars that are hurting the company's growth and employee moral.

Talented people aren't being hired because of the insecurities of some of the hiring managers. Large initiatives are stalled or moving in the wrong direction because people are more interested in taking the credit for themsleves and/or protecting their turf than working nicely together.

If Pandora lasts through 2013 without going out of business, getting acquired, or completely changing their business model, I'll be astounded.

Advice to Management

- Define a company vision, evangelize it, and stick to it
- Tell the turf war participants to play nice, or find jobs elsewhere
- focus on employee career development.

Other Employee Reviews for Pandora Media

1. "Very Honest & Inclusive Culture"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Pandora Media as an intern

Pros

Everyone brings you up. They're all very positive and honest and some of the most trusting people you will ever meet. Company meetings are always exciting, music is playing everywhere (and the good kind too, not the obnoxious pop replays they have on regular radio).

Cons

There seems to be a disconnect between some departments, especially those who need to work together to get the product as close to perfection as possible.

Advice to Management

Improve communication between departments with a lot of power on outward facing products and you should be as good as new.

2. "The Most Diverse Technology Company in the Bay."

Current Intern - Diversity and Inclusion Strategies in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Diversity and Inclusion Strategies in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pandora Media as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and the people are friendly. It is very easy to ask people for help, schedule meetings, PTO, video, and more.

Cons

None. I don't think I have any cons yet because I haven't worked there for over a year. I can't really imagine there being any.

Advice to Management

Y'all are doing great! Keep pushing for diversity and diverse candidates for tech and non-tech roles and I think that Pandora will continue to succeed in the very near future.