Panera Bread - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

I worked at Panera Bread (Less than a year)

Pros

They were mainly flexible and very easy to work for as a whole. You stay busy and get customer interaction.

Cons

You may get stuck on one specific position, making the work routine and boring after awhile. Depending on how busy you get, you may become drained quickly.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent with the structure of management all together and how you follow through with all employees equally.

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

1. "Went downhill FAST."

Current Employee - Cashier/Prep/Line
    Current Employee - Cashier/Prep/Line

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good food.
    - You meet some really cool people and getting to know some of the everyday customers is fun
    - I like the fact that Panera donates leftover products at the end of the night
    - Opportunities to train for different positions
    - Flexible Scheduling

Cons

- In my case, unless you work at a corporate store your pay is barely over minimum wage, even with previous experience.
    - Again, at my franchise, there are no benefits even to full time employees.
    - Pointless rules. Example: We can't take our food home even though we're still paying 50% for it. and god forbid you eat a broken cookie that would have been thrown away.
    - No real opportunities to advance. Associate-> Associate Trainer(25 cent raise)->Manager
    - Raises pretty much don't exist.
    - In general I believe everything you hear when you get hired makes the company seem way better than it actually is, at least at my store.

Advice to Management

If you're a manager try coming out of your office once in awhile and seeing what actually goes on in your store. When you see what actually goes on fire/discipline people who deserve it. Don't hold meetings or come out of your office after doing absolutely nothing all day just to yell at employees who have been doing what they're supposed to do all day and then not saying anything to the horrible employees.

2. "Flexible schedule, a lot of demands on time."

Pros

Very flexible with school/family schedules. Most cafes will allow time off for many issues, and will work around your schedule. Employees are pretty friendly, food is good (and free for managers). They protect employees legally, and have a good benefits package. Hours are decent (some early, some late) but not bad. Emphasis on training, although the entirety of the training program needs a bit of a overhaul.

Cons

Management is stingy with bonuses and raises. Have cut back on labor hours, thereby making managers do more work with less hours. Employees are forced to meet very high goals without much tools for this. Many tools/procedures are put in place without practice, and they are ridiculous. Too much paperwork (while still requiring everyone to be "out front") engaging the guest.

Advice to Management

Increase bonuses to ALL employees (not just GMs...many are lazy and are letting their AMs do all their work) including hourly employees.