Employee Review

Former Employee

This company is a joke

Jun 25, 2012 - Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked how they donated the left over bakery goods even though sometimes they would sit in the shed for a few days when it was 90 degrees outside. A few regular customers were very nice and offered us tips that we weren't allowed to take.

Cons

Management was flat out childish. I was 16 when I worked there and my maturity level seemed much higher then most of theirs. Especially my store manager he was usually never there and when he was he just sat in the managers office. Lots of the shift managers think this is okay too, once I went to ask one of my especially worthless managers for more ones because I was out (when they sat in the "office" they locked the doors) I knocked on the door and saw her eating 2 sandwiches and a bowl of soup (even though several employees had been fired for stealing food or eating @n the clock) she was also listening to itunes on the companies computer. The same manager once made me wait 20 minutes with a customer to get more change. I could go on for days but to sum it up this job is a joke and you're expected ti be paneras slave. No hours when your free but tons if hours when you need a day off. Dont expect to get any promotions either unless your a managers favorite. Training is horrible. People would sit in the drive thrum for over 10 minutes some days only to get the wrong order because there is no communication between employees unless there friends. Lots of drama between all the employees most if them were flat out rude. Basically I'm telling you do not work here unless your about to go bankrupt or enjoy a high school cliquey enviornment. I would rather file for unemployment. Oh and forget about a "break " we didn't even have a breakroom!

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best part time job

Jul 8, 2021 - Shift Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best job to have during school. Very very very flexible hours. Very easy to learn and adapt to each position. Learn multi position at a time.

Cons

Low staffed causes the most problem

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Employee

Sep 22, 2021 - Cashier in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free Food and pay overtime

Cons

Long hours and overworked with low pay.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Panera Bread.