Panera Bread - Panera Bread = A great place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

"Panera Bread = A great place to work."

Current Employee - Associate in Saint Clairsville, OH
Current Employee - Associate in Saint Clairsville, OH

Pros

Good, clean working environment, mostly polite and clean customers, largely efficient management. All in all Panera Bread feels much more comfortable in atmosphere and environment than any other fast restaurant I've been in. Also, their policy holds true - "No jerks." At least not for long.

Cons

As with any good restaurant, Panera Bread gets almost unbearably busy. It's nothing that someone with a good work ethic and some motivation could handle, though. As someone who works in the bakery, I occasionally have to be at work at 5:30 AM, which can be highly unpleasant on days when it's -4 degrees.

Advice to Management

Nothing in particular, as I've not had much contact with senior management. (or anyone other then the managers at my store and regional and district managers)

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

1. "Ron Shaich - Hits home run with Bakery Cafes"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hagerstown, MD

Pros

Part time positions available for college students.

Cons

Schedules promised were not respected by management.

Advice to Management

Store managers need to listen to the employees requests, students need part-time jobs and are willing to work, students can be contributors to overall management operations, not just by being cashiers, many of these college students are business majors who can bring fresh ideas to the table, don't let them get away, they may be the future managers of the company. All in all the bakery cafe is a fantastic concept, management at the store level in some cases needs to be reviewed, not all outlets have competent management, which will tarnish Panera Bread's image.

"Panera an okay place to work."

Current Employee - Cashier/Server in Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Cashier/Server in Jackson, MI

Pros

Panera does offer a lot of opportunity for advancement to those who show dedication and work hard for the company. The managers are generally friendly and care for you as a person, not just a commodity. I was planning a wedding and getting married while I worked there. The other female co-workers threw me a bridal shower and even some of the regular customers contributed to my gifts. It was extremely thoughtful.

Cons

Panera had too many managers (shift manager, assistant manager, general manager). There seemed to be a manager for everything. This is not always bad; however, they did not communicate as well as they needed. I was often told to do something one way by one manager, and then another way by the other manager. This was very confusing and even more frustrating when I was reprimanded for not following protocol. Protocol was different to every manager.

Advice to Management

Please make sure that all managers are properly trained. Also, please ensure that all managers are being trained the same way so that company values and operations are consistent.