Panera Bread - It's an OK job | Glassdoor

"It's an OK job"

Current Employee - Associate Trainer in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Associate Trainer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like the customers and most fo the people I work with

Cons

It's hard to move up in the company. Your lucky if you get a $.25 raise max at your review time (which they never show you so you don't know what they really write)

Advice to Management

your experience should count for something, not how cute you are (at least that's how it is at my store)

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

1. "Dead End"

Current Employee - Associate in Oak Ridge, TN
    Current Employee - Associate in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are lots of great people who work here, and are easy to get along with.

Cons

Unfortunately, they cap hourly workers at 10/hr, hate giving raises to get you near that, won't give you a stable schedule, always cut labor to the bone, and have no part time benefits plus they require you reach 35/hr a week for a whole year average to get full time benefits. If you don't reach full time benefits you do NOT earn your vacation hours, they're gone, you do not have access to their poor quality health insurance, and that's all there is on the benefits table. Out of around 40 employees, only 8 were scheduled for enough hours to meet their benefits requirements. Terrible.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more, and treat them better. Stop cutting labor so much that the job isn't enjoyable to go to. Maybe think about getting a benefits system that makes sense, and allowing more people to reach them.

"Aweful.."

Former Employee - Unknown in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Unknown in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Busy environment! Good food, Ummm

Cons

Condescending staff, wouldnt give breaks, micro-managed, you are expected to make Panera Bread your life. Regional manager was very snarky asked my why I was laid off from a job. When I replied my position was eliminated, She replied, but why do you think "you" were laid off. Pay is poor for what is expected you. Little is put into employee training unless its upper management

Advice to Management

A good leader does not have to micro manage and should not micro manage. Please improve training. I really though Panera Bread would be a great place to start a career. I am so disappointed. Perhaps you should look at how starbucks trains thier employees and look at thier cultural values. They have it right.