Panera Bread - Alright place to work | Glassdoor

"Alright place to work"

I have been working at Panera Bread (More than a year)

Pros

Keeps you busy most of the time, lots of stuff to do but the job is pretty easy. You can move up and find ways to get raises a little more easily than other similar companies.

Cons

Work can get boring. A lot of the rude, arrogant, self entitled customers will wear you down after awhile.

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

1. "Good for optimistic and energetic people"

Pros

Great coworkers, I lived in a college town and my coworkers were fellow college students and they were amazing. I loved going into work with them every day. Managers were very flexible with my school schedule

Cons

Managers were consistently disagree with each other and always undermining each other. One of my assistant manager was not an enjoyment to work with. Practically blamed me for something that was definitely not my fault.

It is definitely hard to go into work sometime because they expect a lot from you while paying minimum wage. Not only that, but you are expected to pick up the slack for your coworkers, which will happen a lot.

2. "Great Part Time Work, but that's about as far as you go"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, works well with college students to create very friendly environment. A great place to work on nights and weekends, as most locations do not stay open too late (rarely leaving after 10:30). Ability to transfer from [Corporate] location to location without a hitch.

Cons

Some of the biggest downsides of the company are the fact that there is little or no tuition reimbursement for collegiate associates, and little opportunity for upward movement after graduation. After putting upwards of 4 years into the company, my options are limited to putting more time into hourly work as a supervisor or leave.

Advice to Management

Work with associates pursuing higher degrees to help them find possible positions in corporate or management while they are still with the company. Offer internships to employees in related programs, not hidden in some career website, if at all.