Panera Bread - Pretty good, love the structure! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

"Pretty good, love the structure!"

Current Employee - Catering Coordinator in Doylestown, PA
Current Employee - Catering Coordinator in Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good structure -your managers are being held accountable for their work by their managers and so on. Good people- I work with pretty decent people. Clean- Panera's the cleanliest place I've worked and the employees try their best for the most part to keep it that way. Good opportunities for those who work hard - work hard, stay on the manager's good side, and show that you know what their looking for and do it. Be competent!

Cons

Pretty much the same thing you'll get in any restaurant industry. If management isn't doing their job, having product, scheduling right, making sure associates are trained properly, then the tension builds a little. At my location they have a good amount of manager meetings so they regroup constantly.
I've seen now two managers in my store that have been horrible with employee relations. It's irritating that the regional managers hire them to manage people who have better management skills then their new hires. One manager didn't follow spec very well and made quite a few sexual statements, which was taken care of by HR. Now his replacement is horrible with the associates, very rude, makes quick judgments, and is disliked by nearly all of the associates, even the most mature and kindest associates. Hope she changes her attitude soon or we get rid of her.

Advice to Management

Come on American Bread, stop giving us bad managers. We need managers that are good with associates and do their job correctly.

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

1. "Love the job, it's easy."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can easily learn all the required positions.

Cons

At my location, at least, it is very hard to get a raise. I've been working there for 2 years and never been written up and still no raise.

2. "Unfair"

Former Employee - Team Member in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Team Member in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The other team members I worked with at this location for the most part were good. The job itself was easy.

Cons

The management staff at this location is awful. No one knows how to do their job, and new employees aren't trained properly nor are expected to hold up their end of work. More experienced works are forced to do it for them.

Advice to Management

Learn to do your job, and schedule people properly to do the work that needs to be done. Like putting away the truck.