Panera Bread - Corporate is definitely in control! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

"Corporate is definitely in control!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with, even with their HS/college kid drama. The overall work atmosphere is comfortable and the managers I worked with were very supportive and encouraging. Plus, the customers really are fantastic!

Cons

The training is extremely corporate and some of it is flat out useless at the store level. But if you'll pay me for three days sitting in a conference room being bored, I guess I'll show up. The same goes for new menu items - it is very obvious that the people at corporate who make the decision to add odd items to the menu (pasta, shrimp...?!) have not worked behind the counter in a very, very long time if ever. Its frustrating to deal with, especially as a manager who is supposed to be positive and uplifting.

There is little value put on your life outside of work. Unless you have a great management team and GM in your current cafe you'll be fighting for decent hours. I've worked in 4 cafes in Denver - 2 had livable scheduling for the management team.

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

1. "Fantastic First Job"

Current Employee - Panera Bread Associate in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Panera Bread Associate in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly Co-Workers
    Easy-Going Environment
    Pretty Simple Work
    Room To Improve - Cross-Training is easy to get, and it's simple to become valuable to the company
    Decent Pay - Started at 8 dollars an hour
    Friendly, Conversational Interviews

If you have any kind of Customer Service skills or are simply capable of being friendly, Panera is a good place to start. They also hire 16 and up, so it's good if you're 16-18 looking for a job.

Cons

The occasional Snooty Customer, Panera is definitely known for they're old people and rich people, just sometimes customers who clearly have never had a customer service job and have no sympathy for the associates, but they're few and far between. Most customers are actually surprisingly friendly.
    Manager's are scolded if they help the staff with floor work

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees, and let managers work if need be

2. "Great Part-Time Job"

Current Employee - Production Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling and discounts on food!

Cons

At times, you are expected to take on responsibility for way too many things, many which are out of your control