Panera Bread - Good company, cares about their employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

"Good company, cares about their employees"

Former Employee - Catering Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY
Former Employee - Catering Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Panera Bread full-time

Pros

Considerate of time off, changing schedule. A good, well run company that seems to value good employees.

Cons

your work environment can totally depend on who your GM is.

Advice to Management

The right GM is key to an employee's success and a restaurant's success.

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

"Under paid and over stressed- panic attacks"

Former Employee - Server/Busboy/Cashier/Food Prep in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Server/Busboy/Cashier/Food Prep in Austin, TX

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training was relatively easy to get the hang of. It might've just been easy to me, though, as I'd had a lot of food/bev experience when I started. You get 1/2 off your meal and sometimes managers bought your meal if you worked a double and/or worked on your day off.

Cons

The location I worked at was chronically understaffed due to the management unloading their stress onto employees. We were constantly wearing multiple hats despite the fact that we needed at least one person per position with the level of business we were accruing. There was one manager in particular who you could tell was constantly stress and was cracking the whip to go "faster, faster" (particularly on one day when it was my first day training in a new position and I was by myself). I am a 5'1" 100 lb girl with medical restrictions for lifting who was forced to put away the truck! Most positions I was trained on was "trial by fire" in which I didn't have a proper trainer and was just given a schematic and expected to know everything. I have worked in food/bev for years, including a position training for a very well known company's grand openings where they were making thousands in their lunch hours and lines around the block. I have never lost my cool due to work related stress, yet I had four panic attacks in the three months I worked for Panera. Quite simply we were not paid enough for the level of stress we endured, I got paid more with less experience and less stress at other places! I was eventually fired due to a guest complaint (because I was working overtime on my day off and was exhausted) and others have followed and will continue to follow me. They are understaffed for a reason. Stay away!

Advice to Management

Don't let your stress transfer to your employees. For most of them, it's their first job. You need to find positive reinforcements especially when you are so understaffed.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Irving, TX

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly and approachable management, everyone is willing to help with training you, easy job to learn, work life balance, flexibility, doesn't start you below minimum wage, gives back to the community, cares about employees (panera cares program)

Cons

No known cons at this panera

Advice to Management

None