Panera Bread - Nice coworkers, head manager very corporate. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

"Nice coworkers, head manager very corporate."

Current Employee - Associate in Akron, OH
Current Employee - Associate in Akron, OH

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is above minimum wage.

Cons

Scheduling hours are not consistent.

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

"Horrible experience! Would not suggest anyone to work here as a long term career""

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice Customers, Teamwork, Cross Training for associates, Free food on shift, Dough-Nations

Cons

Benefits, Training Program is not consistent, stressful environment, inconsistency between cafes (hopefully you'll be able to work at a café that knows what they're doing and have a good working environment), Low Morale (Every staff that I spoke to did not see themselves staying with the company.), Long Hours (at a minimum of 5 ten hours shifts. Sometimes you finish work at midnight and then have to be back at the café three hours later)

Advice to Management

Managers, when you provide feedbacks (coaching) to an associate (especially if they're training) make sure that it is also positive. A person does not want to work at a place where they feel that they do everything wrong every day. In addition, I believe the work life balance information should be revised on your job posting. Don't advertise 45hrs when it's 50hrs. Be sure to set an example of the Cultural Values, especially "No Jerks". There have been days that I have seen and experience the GM throw things and also yelled at the assistant managers. Apparently, from what I was told by associates it happens quite a bit. So be a leader through respect not out of fear.In addition when you assign a café for a manager to be train and you know they have no experience in quick service, don't put them at the busiest café in the city. Lastly, I believe Mr. William Moreton should do Undercover Boss or at least send someone on his team to do it. This will give him an insight as to what is going on at his cafés.

2. "I found it easy to work if you just don't think or have opinions."

Current Employee - Server/Busboy/Cashier/Food Prep in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Server/Busboy/Cashier/Food Prep in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discounted foods, and pay is slightly above minimum wage.

Cons

Hours are not guaranteed, and shifts change constantly. Too many Employers don't last and their changes on the menu and how the work is done happen to frequently. Employers do their jobs so many different ways its hard to work together.

Advice to Management

See what works before trying new things every three or so weeks. Or think critically before making changes that end up not working.