Panera Bread - Not that great. | Glassdoor

"Not that great."

Former Employee - Baker in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Baker in Seattle, WA

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Baking position is almost entirely night shift. Generally give 40 hours a week. They offer health benefits. Work is generally monotonous enough in complexity.

Cons

You work in a two man crew, and catering orders come in last second that are usually ill supplied for.

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

"Overall a good company to work for."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, somewhat easy, willing to train, potential to move up quickly, nice enviroment

Cons

Very labor intensive, very low pay for the amount of work

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more and you will get a hire quality of service and applicants,

"Overworked and underpaid!"

Pros

Great coworkers and 50% off food up to $10.00. Can also be trained to work in different areas of the store.

Cons

Managers always tell you we want to promote you or a raise is coming but it never happens.
    Pay is so low (min wage) to start for the amount of very hard work always expected to do. We are so very busy then we get pushed to work harder and faster...
    Corporate is always coming in at least 3 times a week nit picking everything saying it is not good enough.. Our store is so clean you could eat off the floor.. They will want it more clean..
    Managers pocket money by running fewer people on the floor making employees work harder during busy shifts.. Then after being exhausted after a long shift you don't go home you have more cleaning duties!!!
    I have worked for Panera for four years and made it to a whopping $9.00 hr.

Advice to Management

It isn't going to happen unless you have no life and you eat, sleep, breath, drink and live Panera! I am not exaggerating. You are on call 24/ 7 I have seen it...