Panera Bread - Not that great. | Glassdoor

"Not that great."

Former Employee - Baker in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Baker in Seattle, WA

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Baking position is almost entirely night shift. Generally give 40 hours a week. They offer health benefits. Work is generally monotonous enough in complexity.

Cons

You work in a two man crew, and catering orders come in last second that are usually ill supplied for.

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

"I would NEVER recommend anyone to work at this location."

Former Employee - Sandwich Line, Back of House, Whatever Was Needed in Irwin, PA

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I very much enjoyed the actual work. Things were really specific, and had a set process that was easy to get used to and memorize.

Cons

The location that I worked at had pretty bad management. Everyone was very young (teens-probably mid/early twenties), except for probably two managers (who didn't have as many hours). it was more like a high school. There was no differentiation between everyone because they were all best friends, so no one was giving direction or orders, really. A manager had it out for me in particular (for which I have no understanding of why, I am an extremely hard worker and very obedient) and continually caused issues with me. I was written up for mistakes (I'm human, I make them) that were very unfair and biased against me. Others would make similar mistakes (keep in mind, I made them when I was first learning), but because they were all friends, it didn't matter. I saw some employees go around the guidelines of health, throw away a ridiculous amount of food because they didn't want to properly put it away, it was just sad.

The last straw was when they told me to come in or I would be fired when I was sick with a stomach bug and was set to work on the sandwich bar. I came in, stayed in the bathroom the entire time, and avoided the duties because I didn't want to make anyone sick, let alone serve customers their food. I put in my two weeks not long after and wrote a very long letter to the district manager. I received a short response saying they would look into it and never heard anything again.

Advice to Management

Advice I would go to upper management would be to monitor different locations more often, and be more selective when hiring managers and higher positions.

"Nice people, lot of stress"

Current Employee - Cashier/Barista in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Cashier/Barista in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts, friends in workplace, good food

Cons

Never right amount of people working

Advice to Management

Schedule accordingly