Panera Bread - great place for part-time | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

"great place for part-time"

Former Employee - Associate in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great environment
managers very helpful and approachable
if willing raises easily gained through training

Cons

depending on location and time can be very stressfull

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

"Missing Something"

Current Employee - Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a really laid back environment. If you are dedicated you could run the place. Lots of potential in my location if everyone looked out for one another

Cons

Its like a relationship turned stale, the employees get along for the most part and some moments you could feel the potential for the place to be a second home but, nobody puts forward any true effort They would rather over look very, very visible dirt/crumbs because of laziness. Again, you can see a lot of potential every now and again but, no. Half assers, this is the perfect job for you. Management is a bit immature. Petty gossip. No pride in work. Low pay. No hours at ALL.

"Not what I was told it would be"

Current Employee - Certified Trainer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Certified Trainer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The mangers were flexible with my school schedule. I made pretty decent money--started at 9 and moved up to 9.50 after the first 60 days. Got to take home pastries and other goodies when I closed. Got to wear shorts to work which was nice as it was pretty hot work environment.

Cons

The management is incredibly duplicitous. In one breath they'll scold some employees for gossiping (which was rampant) but then go behind that person's back and gossip some more. I didn't feel it was an inclusive environment at all. There was a lot of favoritism with the upper management which coupled with the back stabbing I mentioned earlier to make a very unfair work environment. There would be ra ra meetings every six weeks or so where new policies would be promised only to fall by the wayside a few days later. As a result of all this turnover was extreme. In 11 months I must have seen close to 80 people come and go.

Advice to Management

Make the environment more welcoming. When an employee hears two mangers degrade and talk about other employees it makes it really hard to want to come in to work. Also have some more strict hiring practices. Just because an individual has a regular heartbeat and can start next week does not mean that person should be hired. High turnover destroys morale, and this place needs all the high spirits it can get.