Papa John's - A place to pay the bills | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's

"A place to pay the bills"

Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Papa John's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cash/Tip compensation on a daily basis, flexible working hours

Cons

Late nights, lack of quality managers within the market.

Advice to Management

Multiple stores/managers are dishonest about service numbers in order to receive bonuses. The customer is the one who is getting worse service as a result.

Other Employee Reviews for Papa John's

1. "Unclean and unprofessional place to work."

Former Employee - Cashier in Eagle River, AK
    Former Employee - Cashier in Eagle River, AK

I worked at Papa John's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The one thing I did like about working there was being allowed to make myself a pizza for free before I went home, and getting free pizza and soda during any down time (although this was NOT good for my waistline!).

Cons

Working at a Papa John's inside a Wal Mart in Alaska meant dealing with a lot of impatient customers who wanted to finish their grocery shopping. Also, money was stolen from the till during the week I was hired, so I was moved off of the cash register and put in the back to make pizza without having a food handler's card. I was told the other employees weren't under suspicion because they had "worked [there] for so long". I also wasn't allowed to take a clocked out lunch break because I didn't smoke like the manager and other employees.

Advice to Management

Possibly raise the standard for management within local stores and make sure health codes are being followed. Being 17 at the time, I wasn't aware preparing food without a food handler's card was illegal. I also noticed that even when someone would call in a food allergy, the other employees would not wash their cutlery between making pizzas.

2. "Decent money temporarily..."

Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver
    Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver

I have been working at Papa John's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a driver, good tips (from most customers). The job has an interesting mix of high stress during busy hours and extreme *chill* when I get in my car, turn on my music, and head to a customers' house. I always go home with money in my pockets, in addition to a direct deposit every Friday morning. As a day employee, prepping is easier than most restaurants. Family atmosphere, if you work here long enough. Good exercise without realizing it.

Cons

Too many druggies, if drugs aren't your thing. I've worked here off and on for 5 years and never had a raise. Only way to get a raise is to become a manager which looks like it is not worth it. Somewhat physically demanding and draining job. I don't get appreciation for what I do. Lots of favoritism, namely for males (I'm one of 3 females in the store). I have to deliver in all types of crazy weather. Sometimes I don't get tipped, for mysterious reasons or time issues that I have no control over. I never know what time I'm going to get off work, because I go home when they say I go home, regardless of what the schedule says. My weekly schedule is also inconsistent. Sometimes getting lost trying to find a customers' house is inevitable. Customers with heavy accents or low mumbling like to get audibly agitated with me when they call in to order and I can't understand them.

Advice to Management

Give your hard-working employees a raise, especially if they are loyal!