Parallels - Lifer, will work until my duties are no longer required. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Parallels

"Lifer, will work until my duties are no longer required."

Current Employee - Sales Account Management in Renton, WA
Current Employee - Sales Account Management in Renton, WA

Pros

+ Competent employees, challenging technologies and always evolving environment. We are building something here.

Cons

As an evolving company we are a bit weak on internal standardization of our tools used to track clients and manage the data - details out to our partnerships, license schedules to resellers and awareness as a brand name is a bit weak but growing.

Advice to Management

We are growing and evolving, I'm sure the challenges will become check-offs in the future.

Other Employee Reviews for Parallels

"Parallels is an exciting environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Pros

growing and expanding industry with so much possibility and opportunity.
    fast paced environment.
    high energy
    competitive compensation
    booming industry
    amazing opportunity

Cons

commuting in can be challenging given that the headquarters are in Renton but it is manageable.

"An experiment in reverse outsourcing"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Renton, WA

Pros

Flexible work schedule - most development resources are on Moscow and Novosibirsk time, so tele-conferences are usually early morning or very late at night.
    Work Environment - casual, friendly -- never a question of whether you will get the tools and hardware you need to be happy and productive as a developer
    Cool technology - provisioning the "building blocks" which enable cloud computing

Cons

Communication is challenging - lack of respect for diverse ideas/opinions, local and remote management not always on same page.
    Goal setting and lack of accountability.
    Career opportunities are limited State-side as a developer.

Advice to Management

Keep focus on long term prospects - devotion to targets and metrics are well and good, but take your people (and culture) into account, hold people accountable for mistakes, and continue to reward innovation and initiative. Be more aggressive in the enterprise space. Make a deeper investment in Parallels Automation.