Pariveda Solutions - Incredible Experience, Great People | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pariveda Solutions

"Incredible Experience, Great People"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not just busy work. Our leaders look for projects that are valuable to our clients, interesting for our people, and located in our region. We work in teams so there is a natural support system on our engagements as well as a great network across the company to provide guidance, insight and best practices.

Our tough hiring process probably means we miss out on some having some great people join our team but keeping the bar high means a high success rate. Working with such incredible talent makes everyone bring their 'A' game each date and ultimately grows us better and faster.

Cons

The company culture is wonderful but with rapid growth, there has been a frequent need to 'pivot' and change direction. The company leaders are very attentive to culture and continually looking to make improvements but a higher degree of formal communication would help make the need for change better understood.

Advice to Management

Keep building this great company but look for ways to improve an already transparent organization by sharing your strategy when implementing changes.

Other Employee Reviews for Pariveda Solutions

"Excellent place to work, but only if you fit their mold"

Former Employee - Associate (A2) in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Associate (A2) in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone here is top caliber talent. The company health is publicly shared with employees, usually on a quarterly basis. Most consultants do a good job of self-organizing social events, and company-sponsored events are frequent. You can easily stay in touch with your local base.

Cons

Mentors are often too busy to regularly meet because the entire firm is working insane hours. Also, because mentors are hit and miss, you might end up with a bad one. Zero bonus compensation, no comp time, and no opportunity to increase your salary outside of yearly promotions (assuming you even get approved for a promotion in the first place). The company seems to be structured around the lower consulting levels working at high bill rates for insane hours each week. They've pretty much had to do layoffs every couple of years. Most people leave and go on to bigger and better jobs when Pariveda determines that they no longer fit the mold. You have little to no choice in what kind of project you work on. If your number is up and you're available, you get slotted. The company cares more about keeping you billing than what you want in your career, at least from this perspective.

Advice to Management

Keep up your strict hiring practices. Find a way to let those who don't want to go sell consulting services become more technically focused. Offer bonuses for staff members stuck on projects with months-long death marches. If they're adding to your bottom line, toss them something in return. Fix your compensation model.

"Excellent people with smart leadership"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee owned which all participate in.
    Consultants are actually developed, not just grinded out, or used for their expertise.
    No terrible stack ranking systems or arbitrary quotas for promotions like other consulting shops.
    No offshore work to redo at 2am.
    People are humble; arrogance is not tolerated.

Cons

You will be forced to develop your skills; you can't just be an expert at one subject. The company values generalists. This could be a con for some people just looking to specialize.

Advice to Management

figure out how to scale hiring without lower standards.