Park City Resort - Many different venues where none are excellent but where average seems to be the norm. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Park City Resort

"Many different venues where none are excellent but where average seems to be the norm."

Current Employee - Server At the Farm in Park City, UT
Current Employee - Server At the Farm in Park City, UT

Pros

Skiing passes and benefits once full time year round status is given.

Cons

I work in a restaurant, the Farm, where checks average $50 per person and from 5pm to 8pm the restaurant is a low of 80degrees and reaches the upper 80's most days with the sun in the guests eyes about 75% of the time. All the management sees this as a detrimental experience for our guests yet no corrective action has been taken. This is a direct example of how apathetic management are here. Guests sweating as they eat their dinner or decide they won't stay and leave and complain about the sun in their eyes and the high temp is an everyday occurrence, all this happens as a monumental amount of money is spent laying sod yet we can't spend one drop on a tint job on the glass. Somebody needs to take ownership of these issues that effect our guest negatively. It's a very defeating environment to work in and the shame is, it doesn't have to be.

Advice to Management

Fix the air-conditioning and get the windows tinted and stop making excuses and/or passing the buck. Our mission is to be the BEST four seasons resort in North America. There are plenty of issues that exhibit themselves where management perhaps were not aware and can "manage" them accordingly but when there are glaring issues as our guests discomfort and nothing is done then we certainly aren't striving to be the best. Come on guys, we're better than this.

Other Employee Reviews for Park City Resort

1. "Good people and it was cool to work at a resort, but don't expect to make a lot of money or move up very fast."

Former Employee - Lead in Park City, UT
    Former Employee - Lead in Park City, UT

Pros

The people are very chill, I mean you work at a ski resort!
    My managers were really nice

Cons

Not much money
    No room for promotion
    Unhappy employees

Advice to Management

Let people be themselves a little more, don't be so caught up in the rule book. Happy workers mean happy customers,

2. "Not a great job if you want to ski alot"

Current Employee - Ski Instructor in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Ski Instructor in Park City, UT

Pros

Free ski pass, discounts on equipment and food, meet lots of people who also like to ski. Get familiar with the mountain.

Cons

Scheduling can be a pain. By the end of the season, they beg you to work almost every day. Teaching kids and beginners can be a pain but just know what you are in for.

Advice to Management

Better scheduling system (like online). Make requirements more clear for end of season bonus. Online system would be very helpful. Better pay!