Park West Gallery - Art Auctioneer | Glassdoor

"Art Auctioneer"

Current Contractor - Art Auctioneer
Current Contractor - Art Auctioneer

I have been working at Park West Gallery as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Unlike any job I ever thought I would take; in my year + with the company, I have learned at an accelerated rate, been taught by great auctioneers and been promoted at a rapid (but not hasty) rate. My background being in the arts, working for a gallery of this caliber and size has been absolutely humbling and very rewarding. I love my job, the travel, the diversity in our clientele and staff.

Cons

A lot of people have had an issue adjusting to ship life... its not for everyone. If you like fast paced, are able to be independent and away from your family for long periods of time and get along well different types of people, you shouldn't have an issue.
This is not job for people looking to cruise and see the ports...be ready to work HARD, 7 days a week. This, to me, is not a con, but some people may find it to be an issue.

The only issue to me is untimely vacations, and issues with payment; the delay between paychecks can be an issue to me.

Advice to Management

I have had very good experiences with most of the upper management; sometimes they like to keep in control of things that don't have much effect on the company (in fact, that sometimes hinder the progress). Overall, 98% content with who I have dealt with.

Other Employee Reviews for Park West Gallery

"Great place to work - family environment"

I have been working at Park West Gallery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyday is different... there is an energy about the place and its a fast moving environment. Work with a great group of people and for the most part, really enjoy what I do.

Cons

Company policies can sometime be a little vague
    Vacation days are a little on the slim side

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have quartley updates of what is coming down the pipeline or in the works. This would keep all employees on the same page and prevent rumors and speculation.

"Life changing adventure"

Current Employee - Art Auctioneer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Art Auctioneer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Park West Gallery full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working for Park West was really an extremely important part of my life.  It taught me unbelievable skills.  No univerity or college could have taught me these valuable lessons.  Imagine, becoming an art expert, a professional auctioneer and making sure that marketing and sales is always top shelf.  From meeting super famous artists, to connecting with fantastic  guests and visiting exotic ports around the world...One definitely has to love people.  It really is all about making amazing connections.  Not only did I have the chance to see the world, but I also spent 9 years of becoming a top international art auctioneer.  I would recommend this to anyone who is driven, motivated and ready for life changing experiences.

Cons

Sometimes being at sea for long periods of time, one misses your family...but hey...then there is skype.  Sea days are long hours, however, port days makes up for it in a big way.