Parker Hannifin - Solid technical development with constant scheduling pressures | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Parker Hannifin

"Solid technical development with constant scheduling pressures"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Smithtown, NY
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Smithtown, NY

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid technical development experience in aerospace industry. Smart people. Overall good family and friendly culture.

Cons

Okay pay in a very expensive area. Not so smart management. Cheap on material (computer, furniture, building/facilities)

Advice to Management

Invest in people and company a little bit and the company would become an excellent place to work.

Other Employee Reviews for Parker Hannifin

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security is high and grow steadily. May have work on worldwide base. Can learn lots of skills and experience

Cons

Becoming too complicated through M & A. Sometime being pushed too much. Result oriented.

Advice to Management

Take care of people more

"Anaheim, CA Unit - Far from perfect, continuously struggling and extremely mis-managed."

Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay
    Great people at lower level to work with
    Fair exposure to multitude of products to learn about
    Strong brand name to build resume

Cons

Extremely poor management - One plant manager is power crazy and want to control everything and make every decision by himself. Horrible micro-manager. does not want to delegate nor accept responsibility. Would always be found complaining about employees not doing their jobs.

Quality manager has extremely limited experience in working with Medical Device Companies. Quality system is a joke and controlled documents, sop's are poorly written.

ERP system is archaic, people spend more time baby-sitting the incapable system than actually get meaningful work done.

Many parasites, good-for-nothing office staff including some high level managers who does not contribute much towards improving company's situation. Half of the office staff is gone at 4 everyday.

Extremely people dependent work culture, with negligible knowledge bank. Extreme scarcity of systems, procedures and guidelines frequently results in accidents, damages, delays, poor yield and reduced overall efficiency. Everytime an employee leaves the company, the work flow literally collapses.

company is practically surviving on hard work of experienced lower level staff, still zero recognition, negligible motivation and tons of work load.

My experience of working here for about two years,

1. Orientation upon joining - NONE
    2. Interaction with manager upon joining - did not talk to the manager for almost three months.
    3. Interaction with manager during two years - negligible. I was never asked about how am I doing, what are my problems and do i need any training/resources to get the job done. Minimal interactions, whenever happened, was almost always be my manager complaining about people not doing their jobs and how they should be doing their jobs.
    3. Expectations upon joining - I was expected to know everything and solve every problems that was thrown at me. I should be able to manage projects, assign tasks to others whom I do not manage, Follow up with people I do not know and was never introduced to, be responsible for every accident, delay or mess-up related to my project even though it is someone didnt do the job right or simply because of the delay due to excessive workload in other departments.

Can go on and on,............may be I will update my review later and structure it better, but as of now,

Stay away from this company by all means...........

I noticed a couple of other reviews about this unit of Parker at Anaheim CA on Glassdoor dot com and I must say they are accurate.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the entire management team and bring in experienced, motivated and well educated team to manage the company. Workers and Individual contributes are really good.