Parker Hannifin - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Otsego, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Otsego, MI

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, growth, learning

Cons

Medical Benefits need to improve

Advice to Management

improve medical benefits

Other Employee Reviews for Parker Hannifin

1. "Just great!"

Former Employee - R&D Engineer in Mentor, OH
    Former Employee - R&D Engineer in Mentor, OH

Pros

Everything: people, management, always food left over after daily meeting

Cons

open space cubical and cubical ogannization

"First Class Company, Too trendy for its own good."

Former Employee - Machine Shop Worker in Carson City, NV
    Former Employee - Machine Shop Worker in Carson City, NV

Pros

PH was the highest wage in a right-to-slave state, paid us union scale like the other plant in our division, always on the up-an-up, no shady dealings. Benefits started off well (2000) then hired firm to manage their self-insurance program.

Very professional place to work, good people in plant, continual recognition of employees, even for good attendance.

Much attention to safety, training, doing the job right the first time. World Class Company and first rate outfit.

Cons

We had five plant managers in five years I worked there, all were fine, but it was a revolving door with each one trying to re-invent the wheel and no one in middle management with the guts to tell them we already tried that idea. Constantly moving machinery aroung and losing production.

Much lost production time with PC training. Each of us in the plant had to waste our time watching video on "sexual harrassment" narrated by a gal with an accent so thick it was impossible to understand more than every third word.

Constantly coming up with a new gimmick, 5 S program, Kazan, Shazam, whatever, instead of focusing on real world problems and practical solutions. Lots of time lost listening to carpet baggers from Cleveland give their speil with all the latest catchwords and buzz phrases which mean jack.

Advice to Management

When they lied to us about keeping our plant open, when they were building a new plant to do the same thing in Red China, we ALL knew it. That's when I left, as did the best of the rest.

Too much deadwood in upper management focused on "fad of the day" and not real management.
    No excuse for not having stable plant management and trying to run the plant from Cleveland.