Parker & Lynch - Its a temp agent. | Glassdoor

"Its a temp agent."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Parker & Lynch as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They have good clients to work with.

Cons

Pay isn't great at per hour.

Other Employee Reviews for Parker & Lynch

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time

Pros

Excellent resources, nice and driven people, positive culture
    Lucrative

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"BEWARE!"

Former Employee - Attorney Search Director in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Attorney Search Director in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Parker & Lynch full-time

Pros

Clean workplace, paid training, excellent benefits.

Cons

I am an attorney. While I did read the numerous negative reviews posted on this site before accepting the offer, I needed a break from the practice of law and decided to give P + L a try. I regret the experience and was horrified to learn the following:

I was told that I was being offered the position of "Attorney Search Director",
    - I was not the "director" of anything. The title was misleading as the position was not supervisory in anyway.

I was told that many Attorney Search Directors found lasting employment w/ P+L.
    - I was not able to find one colleague that was in my position (not management) that had been employed with P + L for over a year. In fact, at my branch, the longest working employee in my position at my branch lasted only 11 months. ***This employee only made 3 placements in the 11 months she was w/the company!!***

I was told that commission that I would receive at least a 20% commission on every attorney that I placed. That would mean that I would make a minimum of $20,000.00 per placement!
    - In training it was revealed that the it was the company that would receive 20%. I would receive, at the very best, 10%. However, many times I would have to share that 10% w/another team member making my percentage 5%. To my horror, I also learned in training that I may have to split the 10% 4 ways! Since you are paid on a draw, once the amount that you were advanced via the draw is deducted from your commission and taxes are paid, its like you weren't paid a commission at all!

I was told that one of my coworkers was the "rainmaker" of my branch.
    - I learned that this coworker had only made 1 placement in 6 months! Surely her commission from her one placement was wiped out by 6 months of draw.

I was told the company was well established.
    - I learned that while Adecco and Special Counsel are established in the recruiting industry, P + L has been in operation LESS THAN 3 YEARS! .

Finally, I was told that P + L had a very bad reputation in the legal recruiting industry and if I ever wanted to obtain another position in the industry, it's best to leave P + L off my resume.

Advice to Management

None