Parkside Lending - This company is the exception to the rule! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Parkside Lending

"This company is the exception to the rule!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Parkside Lending has an exceptional company culture - it's casual and yet very professional. Employees are treated with respect and their ideas and opinions are valued whenever upper management is determining a course of action for the company. As as employee at this company, you feel the immediate impact of your work on the company's growth and success. They have a great work/life balance and always make sure that not only are their employees delivering exceptional service, but that they are doing it in a fun and rewarding environment.

Cons

We are a growing company and have begun to hit capacity in our current space, so, at times, we are a little cramped. Other than that, I don't see any downsides.

Other Employee Reviews for Parkside Lending

1. "Underwriter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlantis (South Africa)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlantis (South Africa)

I worked at Parkside Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

when hired it seemed like a good opportunity and different than most mortgage companies. Seemed like I could have been part of a good team and I think at some point we all felt the same way. good PTO

Cons

constant layoffs since january 2017. I was recently laid off. Typically I haven't cared when laid off from a mortgage job. This was the first time I was disappointed. Until the day I was laid off I maintained a positive outlook on my future at the company. But once again it proved to a typical mortgage job. I wasn't surprised or devastated in any way, just disappointed.

Advice to Management

I don't understand why mortgage companies over hire. You should know by now that a crash is right around the corner. Its going to be same BS in this industry from now until the Second Coming.
    I don't really have any advice to management. I'm not qualified to bail out a sinking ship. But to any young person trying to embark on a career don;t choose the mortgage industry. If you have a good forked tongue and the ability to BS people maybe then it'll be worth it; however if your honest and hard working then go somewhere else. Learn a trade. This industry is a waste of time.

2. "QC Underwriter"

Former Employee - QC Underwriter in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - QC Underwriter in Irving, TX

I worked at Parkside Lending full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very Employee friendly work place with a customer focused ethos.

Cons

Dragged their feet as to their operating system switch which has led to financial constraints.

Advice to Management

Document job responsibilities and hold those people accountable after job training.