Parrish Medical Center - Stay away from Parrish | Glassdoor

"Stay away from Parrish"

Current Employee - Rehab in Titusville, FL
Current Employee - Rehab in Titusville, FL

Pros

Since they are the only hospital in titusville---I guess I would say to make money

Cons

I worked in Home health as a traveling PT. I found the nurses to be old school and are not very rehab orientatated as well.
The director is very fake person, though appears friendly on the outside. The office staff are very nosey and are huge busy bodies. Once, when my drivers license was expiring I recieved a call from 1 of the busy bodies asking me if I had renewed it. They must have gone through my file and wrote the expiration day down on their calender months in advance.
The management in home health, like to talk down to the employees and keep them under their thumb. They always asume the worst in you and are constantly checking up on you. The managment doesnt work in the field, except when they decide they need to come out and harass you for some ridiculous company policies. Most of the talented nice nurses end up leaving them because they can't stomach them for too long. They have you performing so many ridiculous company rules that you either get burned out or give lousy care. Since I don't give lousy care, out the windows go the policies. Then, they make you feel like a dirt bag while they stuff their faces with cake/goodies in the office. I respect religious people but not when they force you to get in on their act. At Parrish (including the hospital) they make you read these stupid godly healing stories. They also make you repeat the really lame parrish sayings outloud. They seem to think they are the only ones who can give good health care.

Advice to Management

They wont losten so it doesnt matter

Other Employee Reviews for Parrish Medical Center

"I was given a great opportunity to expand my knowledge and learn a new skill that can only be learned on the job!"

I worked at Parrish Medical Center (More than 5 years)

Pros

My coworkers were the best.

Cons

They stopped giving merrit increases and people stopped going above and beyond. You can only say, "Be thankful for having a job so long."

Advice to Management

Before making the decisions to hire outside companies to manage "certain areas" within the hospital it would be wise for administrators to spend time in that area. It is certainly possible that your employees could have handled the "job at hand" without putting the department in the red by hiring a manager with a very large salary (that was totally unqualified for the job, with a salary that was unaccounted for). The hospital paid a large amount of money to hire this company when the employees that were already there were perfectly capable of doing the job. Why not give them raises and more responsibility? It felt as if someone at the top did not want to take the time to see what was needed in the department to produce better outcomes. When in fact they could have saved a lot of money by using the resources that were available. At some point, our opinions stopped mattering which is what intrigued me about this organization to begin with. Why even distribute the Gallop survey if you are not gonna use the feedback that employees give you?

2. "Pharmacy"

Pros

Coworkers and friendly and helpful.

Cons

They hire too many outside consultants.

Advice to Management

When you do a work environment survey for the employees. Do not throw out the results because of a bad review.