Parsons Brinckerhoff - ...but I'm just an intern | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Parsons Brinckerhoff

"...but I'm just an intern"

Current Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
Current Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Parsons Brinckerhoff as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay seems reasonable, work environment is entertaining, corporate offices are great, very passionate people, the group dynamic works here, office is very ethnically diverse.

Cons

If transportation, civil, or HVAC is not your thing, this place seems really boring. Due to this internship I found out that HVAC is definitely not something I want to do. Being a mechanical engineering major, I would much rather design moving objects. Other than that, although the environment seems great here, it tends to get really quiet.

Other Employee Reviews for Parsons Brinckerhoff

1. "Best in the Business"

Former Employee - Business Development/Management in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Business Development/Management in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Parsons Brinckerhoff full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked with the best people in the business. Many of those that have left are now running the largest agencies or mega-firms -- there is more talent at PB than in any other firm.

Great management and career opportunities are endless. I steadily progressed to a very senior position because the company cared -- they invested heavily in my career.

Cons

None -- I would not hesitate to rejoin PB. Just a terrific work environment and culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Needs to catch up with the times"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Parsons Brinckerhoff full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work-life balance
    Great steady work-flow if you're part of the core business (design, engineering for highways, bridges and transit)

Cons

Culture is old-school; lacking innovation, new energy and creativity
    Lacking diversity among senior management; hardly any women and minorities at the upper echelons of the company
    Upper Management needs to be comprised of mindsets that are more about leadership and management and less about engineering
    Advancement opportunities don't come easily
    Difficult to find manager who will actually mentor you, champion you and help you grow
    No consistent, transparent performance review process and system on which merit increases are based

Advice to Management

Read Sheryl Sandberg's book. Change compensation structure. Institute a solid talent acquisition, development and retention system. Cultivate a culture of developing leaders (and not just in the technical sense).