Parsons Corporation - A company that prides itself on teamwork, safety and integrity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Parsons Corporation

"A company that prides itself on teamwork, safety and integrity"

Pros

9/80 schedule and ESOP plan are phenomenal

Cons

Very Large company easy to get lost in.

Other Employee Reviews for Parsons Corporation

1. "After 21 years"

Current Employee - Senior Designer
    Current Employee - Senior Designer

I have been working at Parsons Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company offers excellent benefits and the longer you stay the better they get.
    Majority of co-workers are team players and great people to be around everyday.

Cons

Management needs to require regular meeting with personnel to go over current and upcoming jobs and proposals. They are working toward a one parsons mentality however it has taken a very long time and still needs work.

Advice to Management

They need to enable and engage experienced personnel to improve the processes of completing a job and utilizing programs to their fullest potential. Training for updated programs need to happen on at least a yearly basis. Reserve profits to retain employees when work is low.

"Avoid this disorganized mess of a company at all costs"

Former Employee - Contract Administrator
    Former Employee - Contract Administrator

I worked at Parsons Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were a few nice people who worked there, and it provided a paycheck. There were benefits packages available, albeit they were very whittled down in scope and costly.

Cons

The corporate management does not seem to disseminate information to the various offices in any organized fashion so while a regional office is out recruiting additional staff and talking the company up, the corporate office is busily undoing everything and planning corporate lay offs. What a disorganized mess!

I've never been treated as badly as I was at this company. They aren't honest. I was told the position was open because the prior position holder became sick and was unable to work. She actually left to work for another company. It is short-sighted for management to lie about something so basic. Once an employee gets settled in, the truth comes out and people don't like finding out they have been deceived.

The boss indicted that she like to provide her staff projects and let them run with them, when in actuality she was the quintessential micro manager; I wasn't trusted to do anything alone. It was degrading, humiliating, and discouraging. After a few months, it was hard to get out of bed to go there because I was daily treated like a first grader.

My boss also insisted that she needed me to begin work a few weeks before Christmas, to which I reluctantly agreed, though I would have like to start at the beginning of the year. In actuality, she really just wanted someone else's contact information to put on her "out of office" notice on Outlook so she could take vacation and make herself look good. Never mind that I had only been there a couple weeks and could barely help myself, let alone anyone that contacted me due to out of office notice.

& technology...forget about it. The network is always down & you have limited communication capabilities daily. It was so frustrating. For hours at a time the system would be down. & shold you choose to work here, brace yourself to be a human database. There are no databases used - you will be manually writing & re-writing the same information over and over on various required & extensive reports weekly, monthly, quarterly. It's ridiculous and so time consuming. There are a million more productive things that could be done with the time.

& they have let so many people go over the years. There are offices and offices of files that have just been abandoned in various stages. Be aware that you will be expected to someone status all the mess as a result of their prior lay offs. And brace your self. There will be more layoffs. There is no real long term plan and layoffs appear to be inevitable.

By far the strangest work experience I've had in a 25 year career.

Advice to Management

Be honest with recruits. Tell them why the position is really available & tell them that there are significant challenges with systems and extreme disorganization.