Partners HealthCare - Research Assistant | Glassdoor

"Research Assistant"

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Research Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at Partners HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting projects within the hospital network (MGH-SRH-BWH), For international applicants, PIO handles all paperwork.

Cons

Guidance depends on the immediate supervisor.
Advancement within the institution is limited from research point of view.

Advice to Management

Provide more room for career growth for young professionals other than healthcare professionals.

Other Employee Reviews for Partners HealthCare

"disorganized, highly group dependent"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Charlestown, MA

I worked at Partners HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very nice people, working on important things

Cons

my boss kept giving me mixed signals: you're doing well one week, the next I got written up and a warning.

they also don't give people enough space...programmers were crammed into a room, 5 into a two-person office, 12 into a room that should have fit 6 or so.

Advice to Management

better communication. better space.

"Rip-off for Home Health Aides"

Former Contractor - Home Health Aide in Braintree, MA
    Former Contractor - Home Health Aide in Braintree, MA

I worked at Partners HealthCare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Access to many clients with medical issues.

Cons

Do you want to get up at 6 am and leave at 7 am to get there at 8 am. ? Get dressed into a uniform that you pay for and get in your car that you pay for including gas and then drive 10 miles or more to a job where you get paid for only an hour ? Once you get there, then YOU do all of the work for the client which is all physical labor. Then have to pay for driving home again. Meanwhile, you are wearing your car out and only making $ 60 to $ 70 per week.
    Since you can't get any day hours, then you have to be available for nights, too. I was so tired one day from working mornings and evenings that I fell asleep behind the wheel on the highway and was in front of the guard rail when an angel woke me up. The most hours you will ever get is 3 or 4 per day because she divides a full time client shift up so each HHA can only get a few hours because they've hired too many employees. The shifts aren't even daily, but can be every other day. They don't give any money for gas unless employees complain. If you feel that its too far of a drive for just an hour worth of work then the Manager tells you that if you refuse again that you will be fired. They don't pay well and they make 6 times what they pay the HHA's from the clients. I saw the clients bills. They have you going into Nursing Homes and working there, too. I wasn't told any thing about what to do for the Nursing Home client or her medical condition. Manager, doesn't give written warnings so you don't know that you received a warning until you get another one. Then the receptionist doesn't call you for many weeks for work because they don't have enough work for all of their HHA's and CNA's. I had to quit because there was no hours. Now, Human Resources gives me a poor recommendation.

Advice to Management

Management doesn't value their employees and is all about making money for their company. If there's a problem, they will stick up for the company and never for you.