Party City - Poor Employment experience | Glassdoor

"Poor Employment experience"

Pros

wish I could think of one

Cons

disorganized departments
some autocratic managersand directors

Other Employee Reviews for Party City

1. "Poor employee retention rates"

Former Employee - Front End Manager
    Former Employee - Front End Manager

I worked at Party City part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, good employee discounts

Cons

Little growth potential, poor benefits and little appreciation for experienced employees

Advice to Management

Come up with incentives to retain valuable employees

2. "its retail"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Party City part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pros- would be starting out at $8.50 for a regular run of the mill associate, of course you would start out more depending on wether you are an FES or inscribe specialist, ETC... the work is not relatively hard but at times it can be especially during Party city's money making seasons such as graduation, and of course halloween. the 30% discount you get is also a bonus except for the fact most of the products we sell you wont want to buy most likely. the bond between employees is pretty good i know in our store we are all pretty close and sometimes hangout as a store every now and then. this job is good for teenagers or people in their early twenties.

Cons

CONS- get in trouble if your phone number email capture % is low, same thing with line voids. corporate ideas which are just there way of controlling you. corporate 90% of the time comes up with dumb stuff which u have to do such as one time president of the company came in during halloween, did not like that we had organized lines for people to order costumes, so he dissolved the lines and within seconds chaos ensued with customers yelling and arguing thankfully our DM fixed that problem promptly showing how capable our president of the company is. and this is only one example of stupid expensive decisions from corporate. there is also the sad fact corporate and managers even will undermine you to customers to make them shut up and be happy and leave the store. its understandable but sometimes it would be nice if we had people looking out for us more.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees more and stop putting pressure to get phone numbers and emails EVERYBODY KNOWS YOU SELL THE PHONE NUMBERS TO MARKETING AGENCIES SO STOP TRYING TO TRICK PEOPLE