Party City - Clear out some upper management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Party City

"Clear out some upper management"

Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Party City full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I received excellent compensation and was able to earn a healthy bonus. Decent benefits and they have learned how to run a busy Halloween season.

Cons

Change in Upper Management has caused turmoil. Open hostility between vice president and regional people made things uncomfortable. Had a very hard time finding people who wanted to be promoted into this mess. They have also shifted towards having salaried employees do less supervisory work, something they've been successfully sued for in the past.

Advice to Management

Change your upper management people if you are not comfortable with them. Keep politics out of the stores

Other Employee Reviews for Party City

1. "Get in and get out as fast as you can!"

Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in North Babylon, NY
    Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in North Babylon, NY

I worked at Party City part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free candy, no drug testing for hourly associates, good store discounts. Unless it's Halloween, you probably won't have a lot of work to do.

Cons

Horrible hours, low starting pay, low raises, difficult environment to succeed and advance in. If you're a cashier, expect to be running back and forth between the balloon counter and your register. I worked there for a year, and got a whopping ten cent raise to 7.60 an hour.

Advice to Management

Happy employees are well paid employees. I know the minimum wage is still low in many states, but you don't have to remind us!

2. "Nice friendly co-workers and supervisors, even in the customer chaos the Management was always solid and willing to help"

I worked at Party City part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice people, helpful, willing to provide advice, as well as good natured.

Cons

You will work hard and the pay is...well, minimum wage.