Paschall Truck Lines - Good job | Glassdoor

"Good job"

Current Employee - Driver in Murray, KY
Current Employee - Driver in Murray, KY

I have been working at Paschall Truck Lines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Treated with respect. By name not a number

Cons

Shop is slow but good

Other Employee Reviews for Paschall Truck Lines

"It's a weekly paycheck, that's all"

Current Employee - PEON (Office Staff) in Murray, KY
    Current Employee - PEON (Office Staff) in Murray, KY

Pros

I like my work schedule, it's good to have a job in these hard times

Cons

YOU NEVER EVER GET A review, the only time they let you know something is when you make a mistake, been there 6 years STILL NO RAISE!!!!!! Definetly not a fair place to work .There, it's not what you know - it's WHO you know, Really wish ther would be some sort of yearly review and compensation like most jobs, We have our department heads but their hands are tied and mouths are gagged, when you ask them for solutions the canned answer is "i will look into it" but they never do. It's not fair to someone that's been there many years to be making the same wages as the new person just hired off the street with no working knowledge of office procedures and regulations.

Advice to Management

Why do the lower paid peple never get raises and the big wigs get bonus checks? Is it possible you could maybe think of someone else for a change? When our people work hard for you, give a compliment, put in for a raise for them. Why not make changes that would help the office run smoother, update procedures and thinking, bring it out of the 70's.

"great and professional"

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Murray, KY
    Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Murray, KY

I have been working at Paschall Truck Lines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Day 1 was they give you a room already for you. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided all for free. They pay to bring you here for free.
    Day 2 was paper work but it was a very very organized company. Day 3 was paper work and road test but more like to see what they need to work on with you. Day 4 was going with a trainer for 2+ weeks (5000 miles). Next phase is where you go with another trainee for (30000 miles). Next phase of that is they give you a truck for $0.33-$0.35 per mile. They have everything setup for you to become easily successful. They have truck washes, maintenance, fueling, everything just go point to point and the rest they will teach you (all free). They will teach everything you need before going to Phase 2.
    Everything by the book and more. They have so many trailers and truck that if happened to bump some of them in their practice lot they don't care and you owe nothing. Anyone who said anything bad about the company has no idea the amount of matured finessing this company has now.

Seeing new areas and feeling new environments are great. People are usually the same, just the accents. Places look usually the same just the weather, temperature, etc. (dry/humid/hot/cold/windy).

The best part of it too is there is $0, no contract, no fees to pay back if you quit or get terminated.

If you do happen to apply can you mention Anthony A Abelardo so I get some sort of benefit?

Oh and you also get paid every single day you are at the company, that includes training and orientation. Everything is free, there is nothing you have to pay for other than if you want medical/dental insurances etc. but it's much cheaper than paying for that stuff w/o their connection.

They bused or fuel compensated people coming in 100% that you would think they have zero chance of getting in the truck (heavily heavily overweight).

You have absolutely nothing to lose (except time if you don't like it) by joining this company.

Forget all the other reviews and listen to mine. I came from NJ. If you get your HAZMAT endorsement you get paid more. Most (all) of the students I talked to had no endorsements.

PTL Shai was my recruiter and I didn't even get on with the training at Jersey Tractor Training School in Lyndhurst, NJ. I was in queue but had all my paperworks and tuitions paid. She kept in great touch with me a month prior to my actual road training. I passed my DOT CDL-A road test on my first attempt thanks to Scania Truck Driving Simulator.

I'm currently OTR with AT&T mobile hotspot on my laptop in the truck in TX as we speak!! I already drove 700+ miles over 2 days and learned so much. My trainer's name is Robert Small. His driving skills are immaculate. Extremely professional. Some trainers don't teach you "everything" because they just want to get paid but he teaches more than even I expect in a trainer because most trainers leave you alone where in the beginning you need the most meticulous amounts of observation tuning.

The trucks here are huge, probably maximum or very near maximum allowable length. At all truck stops our truck looks amongst the best. Currently in a 2016 Freightliner. The inside is very comfortable and I can sleep as comfortable as I do at home.

We do routes for companies, not small companies but big ones like Michelin and XPOLogistics. You have to assume if PTL allows training to be done with importable expensive real-world cargo Day 1/2 of road training it means they know exactly what they are doing.

Cons

You live most of your life OTR.