PatSnap - Great colleagues | Glassdoor

"Great colleagues"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at PatSnap full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been working for PatSnap for quite many years. When I just joined, there was a handful of employees and now we have more than 700 employees worldwide. I had the privilege to see fast expansion and I got the opportunity to work on different teams and tried different roles. Over the past few years I learned quite a lot from many of my colleagues we recruited, who have great backgrounds & excellent credentials.

Cons

as a startup company, the company built everything from scratch, from no processes to an organized organization. We pretty much started working together by instincts, but when company is getting bigger we need to introduce more processes and procedures. Glad to see that we are working hard to set up many processes.

PatSnap2019-08-29

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - SDR in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at PatSnap full-time for less than a year

Pros

PatSnap is a great company to work for. They are the most supporting company I have ever worked for. You have a chance to be part of a company that is making a difference worldwide. The company CARES about its employees. Whether it is professional or personal struggles, the company wants to support you. They genuinely care about your success & well-being. If you need help - ask and you will receive. The new leaders in the Santa Monica location will set the office up for success in 2019. It will be exciting to watch the company grow. The HR manager will bend over backward to help her employees. The office is lucky to have her. Work hard, follow directions, have a good attitude and you will have a great career at PatSnap. Also - amazing benefits & perks!!!

Cons

The company has gone through growing pains within the last year and has made a few mistakes a long the way. They have learned from their mistakes, asked for employee's advice and have made a large effort to do whats best for the company & its employees. It is normal of a start-up to experience growing pains and the company will grow stronger because of the hurdles. It is a hustle & a hard industry to understand. Put in the effort to learn the industry/strategies and you will succeed.

PatSnap2019-01-09

PatSnap Response

January 15, 2019Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We do endeavor to support and develop each and every one of our employees, so I'm pleased to hear that you're having such a positive experience working for us. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Continue reading

"So much promise..."

Former Employee - Director

I worked at PatSnap full-time

Pros

I watched this company grow at a very fast pace. It had great talent, vision, hungry leaders and the ability to execute sales acquisition consistently. That was a recipe for success and the funding rounds that followed validated it. The success quickly faded away year-by-year as the CEO had no real clue on how to run a multi-national company and desperately turned to hiring VP's and MD's from companies who did not understand the culture nor have alignment with the existing senior management team. Once he hired them he did not have the competency or courage to try and manage them.

Cons

The CEO became complacent in the last 2.5 years - there is some correlation here... once he and the founders quietly cashed out on their stock the company tumbled dramatically. Continuously preaching about the market size and opportunity is not going to hide the fact that you clearly checked-out some time ago and now you don't know what to do. The current culture is toxic throughout the entire company. In London they have more than halved their headcount - Toronto can't even close a single new business deal and LA is moving backwards. The Chinese operation needs a whole glassdoor review itself because nobody actually knows what they do and how much they contribute to the overall business but many errors were also made there that have been swept under the carpet. When is the CEO going to take responsibility for any of these errors? Why has he not learnt from his previous mistakes? every week a mixture of senior VP's and junior staff members are leaving. I don't foresee it stopping. The CEO has presented his life story maybe 30 times to the entire company hoping this will do something to change the culture and business trajectory - Not really sure what to say about that anymore as he has tried it so many times it's almost as if he is forgetting that he is doing it. I urge staff to stop being pressured into writing fake reviews on here to cover up the catastrophe of errors and mistakes made. If this company is to survive it needs complete new management and the CEO and founders must step aside.

Continue reading
    PatSnap2019-06-17

Discover more reviews about PatSnap.