Patrick Engineering - Enjoyed my time here but found a better opportunity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Patrick Engineering

"Enjoyed my time here but found a better opportunity"

I worked at Patrick Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, Fair compensation, Fair raises, Nice offices, Variety of project work, Relocation options, Willingness to invest in the tools to get the job done

Cons

Wanted me to work a lot of overtime with no hopes of compensation, Little professional development, Often I felt like if I wanted to gain more experience in a certain area I was pressured to do it on my own time, Managers try to have their hand in everything instead of delegating responsibilities

Advice to Management

delegate roles and tasks

Other Employee Reviews for Patrick Engineering

1. "Consulting firm with solid technical abilities"

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at Patrick Engineering full-time

Pros

Opportunity to grow and develope technical and soft skills. Patrick wants its employees to succeed and provides the tools and opportunities to do so.

Cons

The compensation packages at Patrick are competetive however some parts of the benefits are sub par when compared to companies.

Advice to Management

Develope a better relationship with employees. Find channels for employees to provide constructive suggestions and foster an environment that puts more emphasis on a better balance between work and personal life.

2. "Control your own destiny"

Pros

Patrick has several companies that operate in a variety of industries. Diverse capabilities and clients have benefited the firm in the current economic climate. Flat organization with opportunities for leaders at every level to be recognized. Generally, there are few office politics. People are recognized for their achievements and small group sizes ensures credit is given where it is due. Having come from a large company, I recognize the trade off between strict structure and knowing a very specific career path versus a loose structure with the freedom to pursue specific interests and to have ideas heard. The company continues to diversify its capabilities and locations, which offers many opportunities.

Cons

Hours can be long when there are project deadlines.
    Most benefits are average and 401K match is below average.
    The majority of training is on the job. Could offer more development opportunities.

Advice to Management

Communication could be improved when initiatives and changes are announced. Management could learn to more effectively delegate to members of their team and could be more accessible to employees.